Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app effecting lock screen on phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier today I had tried to sync call notifications to my fitbit Charge HR, apparently doing that has effected the lock screen on my phone. 

I have an android phone, Galaxy S5. 

I normally have a pattern lock screen, I do that because my phones screen is extra sensitive and it would open and unlock in my pocket while at work. There's a reason for the patterned lock to be there. 

After a nap I woke up to my patterned lock not working anymore, it reverted back to the original swipe to open. 

After multiple times of changing my phone setting and painfully waiting on samsung customer service, we decided it was an app. I removed Fitbit since it was the only app that had any recent changes made to it and suddenly my lock screen worked normally. I tried re-installing the app and it immediately effected the lock screen again. 

I'm wondering if there is anyone else having this issue, or if there is any solution. I tried changing my fitbit app back to not allowing notifications, but no such luck. I had to uninstal it again to get my lock screen back to normal. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I had a similar issue with my s6. I went to my phone settings, chose lock screen and security, other security settings, selected Trust Agents, and turned off Google smart lock.

That fixed my issue. Hope that helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21
Apparently if I log out of my account it stops affecting my luck screen but if I'm logged in it does. I've tried fixing any settings associated with notifications to be off but it doesn't fox the problem. Why is my app doing this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I just bought the fitbit today, downloaded the app and am having the same exact issue.  Infact I googled "fitbit app disable lock screen" and it brought me to this forum.  I have a samsung galaxy s6.  I hit the encrypt option and some sort of option in my phone made me enter my pin number to sync something or other and I feel that is what made this issue happen.  My wife has the note 4 and the app, she never turned on the encryption option and hasn't had this issue yet.  I turned that option off and at first seemed to have my pin number log in back, but i checked later this evening and it was off again.  I might have to uninstall the app and reinstall again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change. The only "fix" seems to be logging out of my account on the app but that takes away from the whole point of the app. I don't want to have to keep logging in and out just to properly use my lock screen and I need it so my phone doesn't make calls or texts while I'm busy at work and can't get to my phone every 6 seconds.
Best Answer
0 Votes
And this is a brand new issue for me, as in since I got my replacement tracker to replace my old one which wouldn't hold a charge for long.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there no answer to this issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have yet to find or receive one. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to be about 50/50 for me with my screen lock sometimes working. I bookmarked this forum page. If i find an answer I'll post it here.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a similar issue with my s6. I went to my phone settings, chose lock screen and security, other security settings, selected Trust Agents, and turned off Google smart lock.

That fixed my issue. Hope that helps!
Best Answer

@catskulls@Steez34 I recommend updating to the latest version of the Fitbit App for Android, version 2.17 and also trying out @Dogdoc14's suggestion that helped her. Let me know how that turns out.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Mine has been updated, my phone automatically updates as soon as updates are available.

I just tried @Dogdoc14 s suggestion and as far as I can tell it's working. Thank you so much! It was getting awfully annoying signing in and out of the app just to get my lock screen to work.
Best Answer

@catskulls Perfect! Glad to hear that it's working for you now. Thanks for sharing your update, it warms my heart! Robot Very Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to use the remedy that was given for this but it did not work. I can't seem to get it to give me what I want. I have an S4, however, so maybe this is why? Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually like the idea when away from my phone the fit bit HR charge was locking my galaxy S5 I recently purchased a Samsung S7 edge and I would like the option back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @blazinj! Welcome to the Community! Man Very Happy Hmm...I think I'm not quite sure what option are you referring to. Can you please provide more information?

Our Fitbit trackers don't have the capability to do these type of things on your phone, it must be something that you need to change on your phone's settings. 

Let me know! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go in your lock settings and remove the fitbit as a trusted device your phone will lock normally again..i just did it ..habing it set as a trusted device keep a your phone unlocked when the fitbit is within a certain distance ..you will still recieveyour notifications with it locked..i hope this helps someone

Best Answer

Hey, hey, @CinderBCat Very Happy Thanks for joining us! I'm sure this tip will help a lot of people. Thank you so much for sharing it. I hope to see you around a little more. 

I would like to invite you to participate in our cool Discussions board

See you around. Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://m-videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/lg_g4/using_trusted_devices_to_unlock_your_phone.html#step1

I just got my Fit Bit Blaze and had this issue but follow these tips.... It helped me!!!

Best Answer

Hey, @MissWilliams16! Welcome aboard. Cat Very Happy I'm so glad to hear that you are back on track now. You are fantastic, thanks for sharing the troubleshoot that worked for you. This is what the Community is all about. Heart

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't seem to work for me. I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge

Best Answer
0 Votes