Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goal notifications reflects non-existing data in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed that the goal related notifications seems to have a glitch. This happens with both my HR2 & Charge 2. I have all day syncing & notifications on. I get stuff like the "steps reached" notification on my Fitbit device & it's also showing on my phone locked screen. However when I open the app it's showing the last sync & has to sync again. Then I get the goal achieved notification again.

Why is this happening? The first notification should mean that the app has recognised my current step total & that should be what is displayed.

I find this annoying

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Joe_on_the_go, nice to have you here in this occasion. I don't believed this is a malfunctioning in your app, due to the reason your tracker is communicating correctly with your phone, otherwise you wouldn't  received your notifications.

In this scenario I assume is happening a delay in the app while is compiling and updating your information in the Dashboard. I have seen this behavior with my app and the only thing I do is wait for a couple of seconds for the Dashboard updates to the most recent information. This will depend of the internet signal on how strong it is if you are using your mobile data or the speed of the WiFi.

If it takes longer than a minute, I would recommend to try the following steps: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks for the response. I had already figured that out.

My point was that if the app has real time all day syncing on & it's working. Why does the dashboard need to refresh its data? The app should open displaying the current data.

I've exercised with the app open in front of me & everything updates in real time. So this data is is being captured in real time. When the app is running in the background on my phone this data is still being captured in real time otherwise I wouldn't get the notifications. This data should be what is displayed when the app is opened.

Best Answer
0 Votes