Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not showing on blaze from galaxy S8/S8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My notifications are not coming through on my blaze. I just upgraded my phone the the s8 active, are the phone and watch not compatable? I have already tried everything to reset it and it is still not working. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Hi @Karabear11, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! In this case  this phone currently is not on our list of supported devices.  This means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet.

If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0) I recommend giving a try to the following recommendations: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app).

If that does not work, I suggest setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported in the meantime. With non-compatible mobile devices we cannot guarantee if all the features are going to work as is expected.

Rest assure our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list for your convenience, so keep an eye open for future updates!

Thank you for your patine while we work to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. If anyone could please help, I'm having a problem receiving notifications on my blaze. I recently switched from an iPhone to a galaxy s8 plus and tried multiple things to try and fix but with no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Forums @LMT1384. If your tracker is not receiving notifications, I recommend following the instructions provided in the My Tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android App) post.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I can't get notifications either. I have the 8+ and have tried everything! I called and was told they are working on the problem but don't know when it will be fixed.

Best Answer

I checked before I bought and it said my phone was compatible. I hate i bought it now.

Best Answer

Still NOT working. S8 Active it's NOT a "new" device. Just an S8 ... Always same problem with Fitbit and Samsung phones 😞 I have also an S8+ and it's draining my Blaze. And S8+ it's really NOT new.

Very very bad ideea to spend money on Fitbit if you like Samsung's phone.

Best Answer

Hey there @jstroud3539, welcome to the Community!

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ are compatible mobile devices but since they have been just added, we are experiencing some issues with the connectivity. While our team work in a solution for this, you can try to follow the instructions provided in my previous post.

I hope that helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I've done everything at least 5 times and still nothing.
Best Answer

I have tried all those steps numerous time. It isnt working. When i try to pair my phone to watxh it says it is rejected by fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when I scan for available devices, I see blaze classic and will connect but the regular blaze (same icon as alta on the left) gets rejected, I assume that's what needs to connect to get notifications? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. The classic is for the music only. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Any idea on when the other will be able to sync for notifications?
Currently the pairing is being rejected.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope soon. That is one of the reasons I picked the blaze so I could get notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get them to work either, even after following all the steps in the "My tracker isn't receiving notifications from my Android device". Please fix this asap - getting notifications is one of the reasons I bought the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thanks for your participation in the Community!

Regarding to the syncing issues that you are experiencing, keep in mind that Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ have just been added to our list of compatible mobiles devices and there are some features to fix yet. Your patience will be much appreciated. In the meantime, please check that your bluetooth and location are on.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer

Yesterday (9/12/17) I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy s8 from the Samsung Galaxy s6 and I absolutely cannot get my blaze and s8 to sync to get notifications. I have tried turning off my blaze, restarting my s8, making sure the Bluetooth is on and location is on. I have tried restarting my phone and uninstalling and re-installing the fitbit app. I also made sure my blaze had notifications on and the Bluetooth was on or "pair". I just cannot get any notifications. The reason I got the blaze was to see third party (facebook messenger, snapchat, ect) notifications. When I had my s6 I had no problem syncing or connecting to Bluetooth and I was getting notifications. Are there any trouble shooting tips that I have not tried? I would really like to be able to get notifications. That is one of the top reason I use my fitbit!

Best Answer

Still not working after latest app update. I guess a firmware update will do the job... There is not beta? I really want to use my Blaze and not the S3 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AshleyU, good to see you one more time in the Fitbit Community! I was reding you have tried different troubleshooting steps to address the issue you are not getting notifications from your S8 to your Fitbit Blaze.

I can recommend the following post where you might be able to find some additional steps for this issue: My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app)

Hope this helps and see you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to me. I have figured out that my Bluetooth is not pairing with my blaze. My Bluetooth will pair when I choose blaze (classic) but from what I have read is that is for music. Everything I try to get my blaze to pair with my s8 it says rejects. So I am currently trying to figure that out as I am still not getting notifications. If you have any ideas how to get my blaze to pair with my s8 so its not rejected that would be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes