Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app effecting lock screen on phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier today I had tried to sync call notifications to my fitbit Charge HR, apparently doing that has effected the lock screen on my phone. 

I have an android phone, Galaxy S5. 

I normally have a pattern lock screen, I do that because my phones screen is extra sensitive and it would open and unlock in my pocket while at work. There's a reason for the patterned lock to be there. 

After a nap I woke up to my patterned lock not working anymore, it reverted back to the original swipe to open. 

After multiple times of changing my phone setting and painfully waiting on samsung customer service, we decided it was an app. I removed Fitbit since it was the only app that had any recent changes made to it and suddenly my lock screen worked normally. I tried re-installing the app and it immediately effected the lock screen again. 

I'm wondering if there is anyone else having this issue, or if there is any solution. I tried changing my fitbit app back to not allowing notifications, but no such luck. I had to uninstal it again to get my lock screen back to normal. 

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hey. hey, @Beccayfit! Welcome to the Forums! It's unfortunate to hear that the troubleshooting did not work for you. What else have you tried?

Another question, have you checked the security options in your phone's setting?

Let me know! 🙂

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the fix. Nice to see my google search worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes