Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app gallery and media not working on Android

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems I'm the only one to have this problem. I can't change the watchface or sync my Spotify to my watch. I have called Fitbit two months in a row they sent me a new watch to have the same problem. This only seems to happen with Android, my ipad connects just fine. What gives Fitbit.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Keys84 - see for latest phones - No internet connection probably Private DNS.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Keys84 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the Fitbit app gallery and media on the Android app and the explanation. 

Your situation is not that clear to me though. Would you care to elaborate please? That way we can see if other users are experiencing the same thing. I am interested in which smartphone do you have? What happens with the Fitbit app gallery? Does it tell you there is no internet connection? Something like "Oops, there is no connection..." or similar? Thanks in advance. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
What you said, "no internet connection" on both. I have a Motorola edge 2021
Best Answer

Hi @Keys84 - see for latest phones - No internet connection probably Private DNS.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

This worked thank you for your information on this issue.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your input. Much appreciated!

@Keys84 Thanks for the details and confirming it has worked for you too. The error message you receive can be caused by the use of the following on your phone: VPN, Adblock software, Security software, private DNS. I am glad to read you found the solution in the forums. Thanks again. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the 'turn off private dns' answer, but that's not acceptable. what is fitbit doing that it can't fail gracefully if ad blocking or user tracking is enabled?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Offbeatmammal Welcome back to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the Fitbit app gallery. 

We do not have any details as of why the gallery does not load while either ad blocking or user tracking are enabled. Currently that is the workaround to access the Fitbit app gallery. I believe there must be a restriction which is lifted once these services are turned off. I appreciate your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes