Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app high cpu overload has cooked my Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Apps high cpu usage and massive battery drain has cooked my Samsung S8 so not happy, I would have uninstalled the killer app only my Fitbit Versa won’t work without it now it’s killed my phone, also used up over 1.5gb data too, thanks Fitbit, why did it take so long to fix your super buggy app, I’ve spent over $1500.00 on your products in the last 18 months and now a $1000 phone down the drain, who thinks this is ok!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Phteve Hey! I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with the Fitbit app. I've created a case for you with our Customer Support team and someone will be reaching out shortly. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks aless, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also been happening to me recently... my battery is completely drained and I'm getting a notification that this app is overloading a CPU. What does this mean? Can someone explain why this may be happening? I don't want to delete the app because I won't be able to use the app and I would like to still use my versa2. But I'm getting a little frustrated 😞 

Best Answer

Hi Elke, if you’re having the same issue as I was then you really need to uninstall / delete the Fitbit app urgently, restart your phone then go to play store and download install the latest Fitbit version, under no circumstances charge your phone while that app is possibility of running in the background or it could destroy your phone like it did mine, if it is still doing the same thing after reinstalling the latest version then uninstall it again and contact Fitbit to fix it, be warned! if it destroys your phone Fitbit won’t replace it, I had to buy a new phone, at the time my S8 was only less than 2 months old, paid over $1000 for it then had to go buy another,

hope that you have better luck with it than I did

Best Answer

😯 thank you for the heads up!!

Best Answer