Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app on Samsung Galaxy S8+, with Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have posted before, but it seems that my issue is getting mixed up. My problem is in the app itself. When I click on the app to look at the notifications that I am recieving it tells me that it could not update the notifications.  I am also receiving a fitbit.com error message saying that it is down for maintenance.  I have force stopped my app, deleted it, added it back, turned off my fitbit, turned off my phone, done every single thing I could find to reset my notifications,  the app, the dashboard, the fitbit itself. Now my Ionic is turning itself on and off.  I'm getting emails, I'm being alerted to my notifications,  but I can not clear them or check the new ones that I am being alerted for. I have accepted friend requests that are still stuck in my messages and won't view as read. The notifications themselves are not showing up in the app. I have never received and texts on my ionic or phone calls. Sometimes the pandora works and most the time it does not. Please someone help. I love my fitbit. I use it all the time.  I just want this resolved. I also have a charge 2 that my daughter now uses. It is still working just fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @AmberDawn84, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community and my apologies for the late response and I'm sorry your post was mixed up with other replies.

I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? Note that the error you were seeing of Fitbit.com was down for maintenance was already resolved and by now you should be able to access o your Fitbit app Dashboard.

Regarding the error, that your notifications could not be updated, I'm wondering if you can share some screenshots to have a closer look? If you need help uploading screenshots, this post will served as a reference. In the meantime there is a new version of the Fitbit app that I'm not sure if you have installed already. This new update contains some additional features and contain stability improvements that might give you some help. For more help please refer to this post.

Updating your app will address the email notifications and the issue that you can clear them out as well.

For the issue that your Ionic is turning Off and On on it own, you mentioned that you tried different solutions. How is this issues so far? Is still persisting? If you reset your tracker, this should be address the issue.

Keep me posted how it goes this issue by now and what issues still persists after the app update. I'll be around in case you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit.com error has gone away. I still have a notification in my messages on the app itself telling me to check it. It will not go away. The person that has sent me a friend request has been added, but it still asks me to add friend.  On notifications side it is hit and miss if something comes through . It will say I have several notifications and when I open it nothing is there. I have reset my watch, deleted it from the app, deleted the app, turned my phone on and off. Reloaded everything. It is still there. At this point I'm just pretending I don't see it. I can at least use the other functions and now add challenges and join them again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes