Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app will not save manual add of workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the update to 2.63 I cannot manually add a workout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @klrigney, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering which manual activity you want to add?

Note that not all the activity can be add as a regular entry, in some occasions the exercise is not listed in our default list, so it might be require to enter a custom activity. @Colinm39 was kind enough to compile the exercise list available for default exercises. So take a look to his post in case you have doubts and for custom activities you can follow the steps shared by @SunsetRunner in the next post.

Just a quick note, custom activities are only available in the web Dashboard and not the Fitbit app.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@klrigneyI will add to @RobertoME last sentence...

You have to create Custom Activities on the Web Dashboard and then they can be accessed on the phone App.

"Just a quick note, custom activities are only available in the web Dashboard and not the Fitbit app".

A benefit of using it through the App, when you create the Activity, the App gives you the Calories from the time period you have selected which was the activity. In this case, when you also create a manual activity using the small stop watch icon on the Web Activity view, you cannot add seconds so the 6 calories missing are my from those 8 seconds and possible overlapping.

I have all of my Active Fitbits loaded into my app as a multi use and the syncing picks up the extra steps when the Fitbit software analyses the steps from the the different Fitbits....

I created a new custom activity yesterday... Ikea Workout..  I used the Workout, and also my One and Zip were with me.. Ikea is a shoppers nightmare because of the walking around and then using trolleys to carry your goods.  Here is the result,, showing the comparison for the lost steps.. with the large pack trolleys you cannot walk with those one handed..  So I just renamed the Workout on the Web dashboard.

Ikea workout.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer