Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't download from Google Play Store

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa2 wasn't syncing with my Fitbit app so I uninstalled the app and then tried to reinstall it.  It has been "pending" for about an hour now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @mawbbb, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Note there shouldn't be any problems downloading the Fitbit app from Google's Play store. May I know what Android phone are you using? Check if yours is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

In this case I'd say that it is best to get in touch with Google directly as this is related to the Play Store and not the Fitbit app itself. You can click here to see their support page.

In the meantime, make sure you have internet connection (cellular or wifi) and that you have enough space for apps as this could be the reason the app isn't downloading. Restart your phone and retry downloading the app.

I've moved your post to Android App for organization purposes. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

I'm using a Samsung A10 which is on your "compatible" list.  The app was on my phone but it wasn't syncing to my watch and wouldn't connect to Bluetooth. I turned Bluetooth off and on again so that wasn't the issue.  So I deleted the app and tried to reinstall it and it is still "pending".  I have an internet connection and all the other apps on my phone work fine.

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the link to the Google Play Store support page.  That helped get the Fitbit app onto my phone.  NOW, when I try to connect bluetooth on my phone and I click on Versa 2, I get an error message saying "an app is needed to use this device".  But the app IS loaded on my phone!  It's listed under "Available Devices".  So I went into the Fitbit app and unpaired my phone.  Now when I try to pair it again, the app won't recognize it!!!!!!!!  The watch is charged, I've turned it off and on again and still nothing!!!  This is SOOOO frustrating!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mawbbb you should not try to connect the tracker through the phones Bluetooth. The tracker will reject this and tell you to use the Fitbit app. 

You say that you haven't removed the tracker from your Fitbit account. 

Let's open the Fitbit app / log into your Fitbit account. 

The app will ask you to accept some permission. One of these permissions is to let the app pair the tracker to the phones Bluetooth. 

Now the app should try and sync the tracker(s) connected to your Fitbit account. 

Now you have to setup notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mawbbb I understand how frustrating this can be. 

If the steps recommended by @Rich_Laue don't work, please try the following:

1. Make sure that your Versa 2 has been removed from both your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. 

2. Restart your Versa 2 once again. 

4. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

5. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

6. Setup your Versa 2

When setting up your Versa 2, please make sure to turn off the Bluetooth of other devices to avoid any interference between all of them. If you run into issues again, please see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Rich,

Thank you.  I did remove the tracker from my Fitbit account.

The only permission the app is asking for is location. Once I allow that, it searches and says "Found it!" but then I get a screen that says "Not working?" and shows "Make sure Versa 2 is charged and turned on" (it is), "Restart your device by pressing and holding the side button for about 10 seeconds" (I did) and "Turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device, then turn it on again" (I did).  Still nothing.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  @MarreFitbit  - I just wanted to let you both know it was an issue with the android software update that was pushed to my Samsung Galaxy A10.  I'm not sure what it was, but the guys at the Google store said it did something to my bluetooth.  I ended up going to the Verizon store and getting a new phone.  The app loaded perfectly and I was able sync my Fitbit.  Thank you both for all of your help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes