Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge 2 will not pair with Samsung Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

HELP please!

been trying all day and watching videos on line to aid with pairing 

1 - my Fitbit 2 is showing only repeatedly the phone symbol with www.fitbit.com/setup running along the bottom

2 - I downloaded the app from google store and started set up process, when it comes to pairing this is the issue

3 - my android phone Samsung s8 finds the Fitbit and the Fitbit receives a 4 digit code

4 - I enter the code into my android phone and it just continually sits connecting?

HELP!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @hitters, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm wondering for how long the tracker reaming connecting with your phone. Sometimes after the 4 digit codes the app may take longer than expected in some occasions.

If the time is too long for your tracker to complete the connection, I would like to know also if have you  tried some troubleshooting steps? If you haven't please give it a try to the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with the brand new Charge 3.  Have tried all of those items previously mentioned, and Samsung Galaxy S8 still will not recognize or pair with Fitbit Charge 3.

Best Answer

Will charge 3 connect with Samsung J8 and I with be able to receive call notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, except I don't get as far as getting the 4 digit code. My phone blue tooth finds the Charge 2, but the fitbit will NOT pair. I have spent hours trying and then my daughter tried everything. Returned the 1st Charge 2 and tried with a new one, but still nothing but www.fitbit.com scrolling across the fitbit This seems to be a widely common problem. Is there a faulty batch of Fitbit Charge 2 devices for sale?  Very frustrated! I have tried every step I can find online and from the fitbit community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did u receive an answer yet? Imhaving the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit use to pair but stopped about a month ago. I cant get it topair again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume it has to do with the recent firmware update. Until Fitbit fixes it, we are S.O.L. 

Best Answer
0 Votes