Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not syncing enough after All-day sync was removed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I understand there have already been threads on this, but they seem to argue from the other point of view.

Fitbit have removed this option on Android and posters seem to think that this has forced it always on, and that this drains battery.

My experience is the opposite. Although I have not suffered any battery issues, I don't feel my Fitbit is syncing enough. I frequently refer to a widget on my phone screen, rather than my Fitbit, but I find this is not updated as frequently as when I was able to turn on the all day update (which I used to have set as on).

Can someone from Fitbit or a community mod that knows, please clarify what setting remained when the All Day Sync option was removed please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Tatty42, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and all the details that were shared. If you're having syncing difficulties with your Fitbit device, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.

In regards your All-day sync feature, let me share with you that, to improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off All-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RicardoFitbit thank you for your reply.

However, I was in close proximity to my phone all day yesterday and my Fitbit Blaze didn't sync once. It's only done it this morning because I opened the app.

Best Answer

You're welcome @Tatty42, your reply is also appreciated.

Thanks for taking into consideration the details that were shared on my previous post. To further investigate, can you please let me know which Android phone are you using? Keep in mind that some Android mobile devices close the apps that are running on the background to avoid using a lot of the phone's RAM.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RicardoFitbit 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9

Best Answer
0 Votes