Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect weight logs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there all

Since the latest update a few days ago, there's been a glitch with entering my weight on my Versa. For instance, this morning I typed in 170.9lb on the device, and for some reason the device and the app updated my weight to 376.7lb. I've noticed it every time I've tried to enter my weight on the device since the latest firmware update. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? 

I'm on Android for what it's worth.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Fionapotter, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device are you using with your Versa? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to restart your Fitbit following the steps that are specified on our help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device? and then try the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It as been happening over many months, and happened again today.

My Fitbit Versa and the app on my phone are set to metric units. So i enter my weight daily. If I enter it on the app, it always records correctly. But if I enter it directly on the device, most times it records correctly, but sometimes it takes the weight entered, for example 87.2kg, (and shows that value as logged on the device ok) but when it transfers the weight to the app on my phone, it seems to take the 87.2 kg value, treat it as though it was entered in lbs andn then converts that to kg!

So the weight of 87.2kg gets recorded on the app as 39.5kg. a very sudden weight loss 😉

If I then repeat the weight entered on the device, it usually then records it correctly on the app. After one or two instances like this, it will then revert to recording the weight correctly from the device to the app.

My Versa is firmware version 32.71.6.19

The Fitbit app version is 3.29 (20243524). It is installed on my Motorola One Hyper. Android 10 QPFS30.103-43-7

Restarting the device, and the app makes no difference. It works ok most times, then starts behaving like this, then starts working ok again with no intervention from me.

In case you can trace anything via the dashboard logs, the device did this incorrect conversion yesterday at approximately 08:15am UK time, and again this morning at 07:15.

Best Answer
0 Votes