Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing with Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi Team My fitbit Altra hr is not syncing with my android app. I googled and I restated the app, my phone, Bluetooth, wifi connection, reinstalled the app and still, the app hasn't synced since Sunday. please, help! Thank you 🙂
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the Forums @cosju.

Thanks for going through all of those steps before posting in here! 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try the steps showing in this help article. Most of them you have already tried but please go through them again in order as that should help. In case it didn't please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have same problem with charge 2.  I have exhausted all suggestions.  I haverecently a sudden hearing loss leaving me deaf and now rely on fitbit vibrating alarm for waking and reminder to take meds!  Last sync was in August.  I cannot afford a replacement.  Please help I am desperate to get it working again.  

Best Answer

Me too. I have the same problem, except since September 14th. The fitbit will just not connect to sync. The time is also way out so it is mostly useless. I was on another thread with the same problem, but it got marked solved and then closed! It's not solved! Not solved at all! Come on fitbit, it's time for you to actually admit there's a problem and try and solve it instead of fobbong us off with the same old 'fixes' which, newsflash, don't work!

Best Answer
Yes my date and time are of no use to me either! Come Fitbit all I can do
currently is moan to friends and colleagues and guess what they are being
put off buying for themselves. Believe me, when it worked it was great and
I had nothing but praise. Come on, please there too many frustrated and
grumpy people out here for you to ignore! Show us you do care and that we
all matfer!
Best Answer

I have been trying these steps at least twice daily since 2nd October and still nothing. I ordered a Flex 2 as a free gift and I'm starting to regret it. I have had no bother with my flex since December 2015 when I got it, but it feels rather useless at the minute as I have it synced with a weightloss app and it won't give me my step credit  

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thank you for your replies and support. So, in some magical way my fitbit synced yesterday in the evening. I did nothing specific, just opened the app and here it was :

All information was updated! I will keep you posted whether it will continue to sync as I really cannot identify a single thing I've done in order to make it work... Have a great Saturday everyone and I hope your watches will start working too!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Amazing....the same has happened to mine!!!! So pleased.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue with my Alta he not syncing. Tried everything and nothing has worked.

Best Answer

Having similar issue, it will sync from alta to my cell.. but for some reason when text messages and calls com thru i get no notifications at all.  Tried everything to reset app, bluetooth, etc and nothing is working.

Best Answer

Not syncing since Friday again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for trying the steps I suggested above and sharing your updates on the situation.

If you Fitbit is still not syncing, please answer these questions:

• What phone are you using to sync?
  • What Android version is that phone running?

In the meantime please try to run the set up as if it was a brand new device. There is a possibility that it could work to get your Fitbit to sync again.

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I'm using Moto G5 plus and Android 7.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is a Huawei P10, running on ios 8 update that took place on 2nd
October. I have followed all the advice on the help forums with no luck.
Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and @cosju.

In both of your cases the issue might be happening because neither the G5 nor the P10 are  part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

In this cases I regularly recommend the steps that I have shared above but you have already tried to that to no avail. You could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i tried all that it worked that day then the next day its still not syncing. i

Best Answer

I don't think this is right.

It's because when you're advertising the watch you don't say: make sure your cellphone is on our list otherwise your watch will be just measuring your steps and that's it.

Are these devices being tested? I don't have an iPad as I don't need it I do everything on my phone (1).

Best Answer

I tried these options before I wrote into the community

No dice I recognized you don't use the blue tooth Whatsapp  Hotstar from the phone you use it from teh fit bit app Messenger , I can't even turn on the blue tooth on the app itself.  no directions to do so !!!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Until 1st October my P10 Huawei was fully compatible with Fitbit so I don't understand what the issue is about it not being supported. Also I don't have another mobile device or laotio/computer as I have absolutely no need for these as I only need a mobile phone. This is ridiculous and I'm very unhappy with the fact that Fitbit are not addressing this issue.

Best Answer

My charge 2 hasnt been synching for a week

Best Answer