Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit stopped showing maps of runs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have a Charge 2 for several months now.

It was working great, and used to show me the maps of my runs both in the app, and online, on the website. 

Since the beginning of August - there are no more maps.

I restarted my phone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app on my phone.

I restarted the fitbit device

I made sure that the GPS in my phone works properly (I can see the exact route of my run in Google's timeline feature).

Also, the distances that the fitbit shows are completely off (usually showing that I ran at least 15-20% miles than I actually did).

I have an android phone, running android 7.0, and Fitbit app version 2.55

Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Leiny85, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Certainly this behavior is not to expect.

If you are using MobileRun to track your GPS data, let me know if you are pausing the exercise at some point during the exercise. There are a few reports while doing so it may caused the map course disappear from the exercise details. For more details if this is the case please review this post.

In addition please try the following recommendation, it might help to address the issues if the information of the previous post doesn't explain the cause of the missing map.

The following post kindly shared by @tabannis, might give you a different workaround. 

Hope this information helps. see you until the next time.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting this issue, and it's really frustrating, I find being able to see where I was fastest etc really helpful. My GPS was definitely working perfectly, as the route is recorded on my Google maps timeline but  fitbit app, nothing, just overall time. It's making me pretty fed up with fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes