Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracking my driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit is saying im walking 2000 steps while i was driving and burning lots of calories how do i fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Racast1 Hi and Welcome - first can I direct you to my post in the following link - this may help a little

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Inaccurate-steps/td-p/2844747

secondly in an attempt to stop this happening again before you start your drive you could try selecting cycle and activate by pressing and holding the button  on device and remember to stop it again by pressing and holding when you finish your drive

hope this helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Due to bumpy road and arm movements, some people do get extra steps while driving.

Will my device pick up steps when I'm in the car or riding a vehicle somewhere?

Usually they are not many but if you do get many extra steps, you can delete them by manually logging a Driving activity as described here How do I delete steps and floors?

If it is a common occurrence, there is a third-party app DriveBit that partially automates logging a Driving activity to negate those steps.

If you are using a tracker with heart rate monitor, I don't think those extra steps should affect your calorie burn as that will come from your heart rate.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes