Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit treadmill auto recognition?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if a way to get Fitbit to auto recognize treadmill?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No @toddsdonald this is easy to confirm in the settings. 

• Open the Fitbit app
  • Tap the exercise tile
  • Tap the setting cog

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

No @toddsdonald this is easy to confirm in the settings. 

• Open the Fitbit app
  • Tap the exercise tile
  • Tap the setting cog
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to help Rich. Mine does not have treadmill as an optional auto recognizable activity.

Screenshot_20210115-194516.png

Best Answer

That is correct @toddsdonald no Fitbit will auto recognize a treadmill. As mentioned above, it is easy to confirm that treadmill can not be auto detected. 

You need to use the treadmill mode. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, no Fitbit doesn't auto recognize treadmill. See the image above. There is no option to auto recognize treadmill. If you can explain it great I'd love to have it recognize treadmill activity automatically. Instead, I've got to start and stop it manually. If you really know of a way to get Fitbit to auto recognize the treadmill please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please reread my posts @toddsdonald I specifically showed you how to confirm that no Fitbit tracker will auto detect a treadmill 

I mentioned this in my first response above, that your tracker will not detect a treadmill run. 

I also mentioned that the user will need to use the manual mode called treadmill. 

You even marked my answer of no as thhe best answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich you are right and my sincere apologies, I wasn't reading the posts correctly.

Thank you for confirming that there's no way for Fitbit to auto recognize treadmill activity. 

It's so weird that it wouldn't auto recognize it, since the treadmill is probably the most popular fitness activity on the planet, but oh well... That's Fitbit for you. Cool idea for a fitness tracker they just need to get some people with common sense to work there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably because while on the treadmill their isn't any unique arm movements. 

Some people make the mistake of holding on, preventing the arms from moving. 

Even if not holding on, would the arm movement be different then simply standing still and swinging the arms? 

Best Answer
0 Votes