Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit unable to sync with Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been waiting months for my phone to be added to the list of supported devices. I can not sync it at all to my phone. Will this ever be updated??
Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I agree, I would love to be able to use the called id!

Best Answer
I just upgraded my phone to the note 5 and my charge won't sync with it. I would love for it to work again.
Best Answer

Hey hey hey @TammeyH @jamsspicer @mommyinnv it's great to have you here! Woman WinkI totally understand you would like the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to be in our list of Supported Devices. Please know that our engineering team is already working on it so I'd suggest you keep an eye on the supported devices list in order to stay updated on when we do support the Note 5.

Appreciate your patience and understanding! Cat Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
After extensive reading and going places on my fitbit mobile app I didn't know about I was finally able to receive call notifications.
Also, once I was able to link my fitbit app to myfitnesspal (seems I had two fitness pal accounts and I didn't realize it was connected to the older account), only partial info is syncing between the two. Would love to see the total calories burned from the fitbit sync to my fitness pal. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep the ever changing electronics world compatible!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the Fitbit Charge HR.  I was using the HR with my phone and worked fine.  I recently had to replace my phone and upgrade my software to the Marshmallow.  Since replacing my phone and upgrading the software, my Fitbit will not sync with my phone via Bluetooth.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @jamsspicer thanks for the update my friend! Cat WinkI'd like to know if you have tried to revoke access from MyFitnessPal to Fitbit and then link them again to see all your information updates correctly.

@celticrose7426 a warm welcome to our new friend, thanks for joining us! Man HappySince you recently upgraded to OS 6.0 (Marshmallow) you must have location services turned on to sync your tracker. With this latest update, Google changed the permissions for Bluetooth syncing, requiring the use of location services. For more information about the latest Google permission requirements, see Google’s Android 6.0 Changes document here

Hope this helps, have a nice day! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info, but my location is turned on and still will not
sync via Bluetooth. My phone can not even find my Fitbit. 😞

Sincerely,
Celticrose7426
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @celticrose7426 thanks for the update my friend! Man HappyMmmhhh this is pretty weird...I'd like to know if you're receiving any error message when trying to sync your tracker with your mobile device? My best advise would be to contact our Customer Support team and let them know about this so they can provide you with a good solution for this.

Let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought a fitbit flex and see that it won't sync to my Note 5 😞
This is so disappointing and appears it has been an ongoing issue for a while. Does anyone know how long it will be before it's compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @MomOfRedheads! Hope you're doing great! Man HappyI'd like you to know that at the moment there's still not an specific date of when the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be a compatible device for syncing with our trackers. You can stay updated by going here.

Thanks for your patience, have a great week! Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone -- UPDATE: The Galaxy Note 5 is now listed as a supported device here. I recommend trying to sync again and/or following these troubleshooting tips if you continue to experience issues.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes