Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync after app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app update ran last night and my fitbit hasn't been able to sync since the update ran. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

Hi Grogers2  did you get the new update 2.77? Just done it on my phone and steps and cals showing again on dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes
No but I will test it. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where did you get it? I went to Google Play and only the old app is available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update on Google play, was just there when I checked as have auto update
turned off after last disaster of steps and cals staying on 0.....and have
been checking in regularly to see if update available...

Evelyn Boshell
Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked and the one I found was still the previous version. I will keep checking.

Best Answer

I just uninstalled and re installed and mine is working fine now thank goodness

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ug oh,  the fresh install didnt work, looked like it did but back to zero again grrr

Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit app is working fine after the update @Boshell

For both of you @allsweaty and @Grogers2, our team has released version 2.77 for Android which addresses the issue causing the app to display 0 steps/calories or other information. Can you please double check that the app is already in that version?

1. Tap the Play Store app.
  2. Tap or click the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Tap My apps & games. If the Fitbit app has an update, you’ll see it in the Updates list.
  4. Tap Update.

If your apps update automatically, check the Recently updated or Up to date list to see if the Fitbit app was updated.

Also, it'd be nice if you try the following:

• Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! 

If there are any questions present, let me know! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Well I have updated the latest update as advised. It wont however sync the heart rate, steps or sleep info. Will try again later but so far its only a half fix. I do hope Fitbit sorts this otherwise people will start to jump ship and go else where. Look what happened to Jawbone. They went under after major app issues. It's how I came to Fitbit!! 🙂 

I beg of you, sort the app out. Otherwise things will unravel. I want to get one of the new Fitbits but not until the app issues are fixed. 

Best Answer

The sad thing is all they have to do is roll it back to the previous release and it works fine. This would be a quick fix until they get some app developers who can do the job.Unfortunately nobody there seems to have a clue.

Best Answer

I am by no means technical, as I am sure I will soon be demonstrating, however I was having terrible trouble syncing on both my mobile and also Apple Mac and it was worse after the App update. Someone from the Support Team suggested using a dongle and that it should solve the problem. They duly sent me the Fitbit dongle and the result has been miraculous. The Apple Mac now syncs on demand, whilst my I-phone will Sync pretty quickly when placed near the Apple Mac, with or without Bluetooth.

Best Answer

I have done all of this and I am still unable to sync my Fitbit. It is totally demoralising. The fitbit iself is perfectly fine. But it is the app and the ability to sync it that is broken. I cant do anything with it now. I am really annoyed but also saddened as the Fitbit was a present and is of sentimental value. And I had been eyeing up either the Versa or the new charge 3. But I wont be spending any money until you sort this.

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and until the beginning of August it was perfectly fine. So I know its not the phone. It is not the fitbit. The fault lies with your app and the syncing bluetooth issues. 

Get it sorted or else I and I suspect many others will look elsewhere. Ever heard of Jawbone? No? Exactly.. they folded for exactly the same reasons. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the latest update on Google Play (2.7) and it has been working. Had to hunt search for this ad the old version seemed to stoll be there with auto update. 2.7 version seems to work though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get a Fitbit dongle and attach to your computer and that should solve the problem. I was at my wits end until then and now I can Sync without problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Symo-1@WirralBagpuss and @Grogers2.

Maybe it is related to the phone that you are using, like in the case of @WirralBagpuss.

If a phone doesn't show up on the supported devices list it is because the app has not been fully tested to work with it and so there might be some issues like this.

As long as a device fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that they might sync but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of phones that aren't on the list have mentioned that following the steps that have been shared in the thread before has worked so giving them a shot is definitely worth it.

In the case of the Note 8, a Galaxy Note 8.0 shows up on the list but it refers to a tablet that was released a number of years ago. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moderators: We should not have to use a "work around" hack.  My Fitbit has synced perfectly for over a year. The second, my update went through, it will no longer find the device.

RECALL YOUR UPDATE OR FIX IT NOW.

(I have a new Samsung Galaxy, do NOT blame this on phones. The only thing consistent is your update has failed and you have not fixed it. I was upset to see complaints of this going back to July when people first updated. This should have been resolved before my app did it Sept. 13).

Best Answer
I have had the same problem. I can't get a good sleep pattern since update, just basic. Every time there is an update there is problems but they never roll back until they correct it. The Fitbit may be OK but their software people are ruining their name. I for one am going to try a different brand. I have had it.
Best Answer
0 Votes