Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync after app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My app update ran last night and my fitbit hasn't been able to sync since the update ran. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Okay, this is not a solid fix, but it'll help in the mean time.

If you go in to your bluetooth settings and unsync your fitbit and then resync it it'll sync in the app. I have to do this at least one time a day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Mine is doing the same after latest update. Restarted several timed. Hope someone can fix it soon.

Best Answer

I too have the same issue ... however the entry level customer  NO service are unaware of this situation ...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Poor-Customer-Support/td-p/2889187/jump-to/first-unread-...

It does seem that it is due to the recent update

Best Answer

Same for me (to some extent): it syncs once when told to do so (starts the sync always at 0 steps), but it does not continue showing adding steps. My PC-App actually shows adding steps when I walk while the screen is on. As already stated above this is a very recent issue (App update last night).

Best Answer

same here.....0 steps on the mobile phone and no heart rate, have redownloaded the app several times, it then shows the step and heart rate but when it syncs again it all disappears - very frustrating as i cant see the numbers well on the fitbit itself lol..i have android on 8.0 software, have reset the fitbit a few times as well, i was beginning to think my fitbit is dodgy but only had it a few months...hope someone finds a way to sort this problem out....has anyone asked customer services?

Best Answer

Hi

YUP spent hours on the phone .... they have no clue! There only solution is "Lets check your blue tooth settings .... Clearly their customer support is FAR worse than my cable company and that is going some!!!

Best Answer

other people i know have the 2.74 version of fitbit app from playstore (obviously havent updated their app on their mobile)  and theirs work fine. 

I dont have bluetooth issues or location issues, have tried everything suggested on different forums the closest I get for all my tiles to state the present is when I unistall and reinstall the app but then when it syncs it goes back to zero....oh well lets hope there is a brain out there that can fix this issue

Best Answer
I have found that my Bluetooth sees the Fitbit but and pairs but never shows to be connected. Last night however. I did get heart rate data to show sleep patterns. I still cannot get the heart in the app display to show the heartbeat.
I have removed the app and reinstalled.
Have reset Fitbit numerous times, powered phone off and on, checked blue tooth and app settings. No luck. Everything was fine until the new update. They are going to have own the problem and correct the app or lose lots of users.
Best Answer
It is the app. No problems here until it updated. Had mine since January.
Best Answer
It is the app.
Best Answer

Okay, this is not a solid fix, but it'll help in the mean time.

If you go in to your bluetooth settings and unsync your fitbit and then resync it it'll sync in the app. I have to do this at least one time a day.

Best Answer
It still will not show heart rate on display tile in app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just downgraded my fitbit app to older version and steps, cals and heart rate working again so Defo has yo do with new update that ran Thursday night! 

Best Answer
Where did you find older version?
Best Answer

Hi Grogers2,  I downloaded aptoide and done it from there, very easy to use and I'm not a techy person at all and had it done in couple mins...

Best Answer
Thank you. I did the same and problem solved
You would think that Fitbit would have pushed the previous version until they solve the problem with the newest one
Best Answer

Dear all,

here is the link:

(could not add the link due to community restrictions) Search on Google for:

fitbit app 2.75 download (the first hits should show a link to a fitbit App mirrorlink)

You will have to allow your Android phone to install from an unknown source (for this time). You definitely have to disinstall the existing version befor you do this.

Best Regards

Egstra

Best Answer

... and I agree, the Fitbit guys should take the 2.76 from the Playstore and replace it with the older version

Egstra

Best Answer

Hi Grogers2 I installed aptoide and done it from that, was very easy to us
as I am not very techy and had it done in a few minutes....turned auto
updates off then on fitbit app so I don't end up back with the information
not syncing properly...

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing your workarounds and experiences on the matter.

Regarding the situation with the steps, calories and live HR, our team is aware of the situation and it is being looked into. Any updates will be posted on this thread.

As for the syncing situation, did @Jojo_osborn workaround do the trick for you or are you still experiencing this?

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes