Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Database incomplete.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I've recenty purchased the Fitbit charge 2. I see that I can scan barcodes for items that I eat but I'm very surprised at this. I'm vegetarian and what surprises me is that most of the items I scan it doesn't find, even very basic popular Quorn items. 

Am I doing something wrong when there seems to be only one way to scan the codes. Also it mentions that I can send photo's of items not found but I have no idea how this is done nor, find anything in the documents on how or where.

Moderator edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @RHollis, it's great to see you around, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

If the app is not able to find the barcode you're scanning, you're not doing anything wrong, as long as the app is able to detect a code it will search for it. In this case I would like to suggest to go to the Account tab > Advance Settings > Food Database and make sure it's set for your country or United States. 

Additionally, in order to submit a new food to be added to the database,when requested, please tap on Submit to Database and when you see the Photos Needed screen, please take a picture of the front of the package, a picture of the back (where Nutrition facts can be seen clearly) and a picture of the barcode. 

barcode2.png barcode1.png

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

We're not given this option in the UK. I'm disgusted that you don't know this about your product, in spite of the question being asked in multiple ways for 2 years. We have paid more for the product and yet a key feature - and your help facility - isn't up to scratch. It takes AGES to put in EVERYTHING separately and with detail, making it a process that's hardly used.

Ultimately, owning a fitbit in the UK is like having an overpriced pedometer, that you have to charge. Pissed off.

Best Answer
0 Votes