Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of "Fitbit Sync Service" doesn't display correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using Fitbit Flex with Honor 4C phone. It generally works Ok. I have only one minor issue with notification content - it is useless. I have "Keep-Alive Widget" turned on. Unfortunately notification is formatted in such a way that date of last sync is cut because text is too long - on my phone notification looks like this: "Fitbit Sync Service - Last Synced: 18...." (this 18 is day) So I have to open Fitbit app to learn when it was last synced. Reformatting this text into something shorter like "Fitbit - Synced: 18.03 10:26" would help. I hope such small improvement can be implemented in the next version of Android app.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @dyzio, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your feedback to improve the Fitbit experience. 

I have seen this scenario before, most commonly with Samsung devices; as this phones allow to personalized the size of the font. Causing some formats inside the Fitbit app doesn't display correctly. By any chance your phone has this option? It might be the source of this issue if you are using a different type of font or size.

The other cause, could be related that the Honor 4C is not listed as compatible in our list of compatible devices. Due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, Fitbit has not yet tested all models. If a device is not listed on fitbit.com/devices, this means we haven’t yet tested it so the app is not optimized to work as is expected.

If the issue persists, it would not hurt to try to reset your app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes