Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends list not updating and unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For most of 2018 the friend request list is not working.  Someone requests, I respond, but they stay on the list as if i never responded.  There are 2 dozen people on this list now and they won't resolve.  I uninstalled, signed out, cleared data, and nothing helps.  I asked for help before and didnt get followup from Fitbit.  Any ideas?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @BBChi.

Thanks for letting us know that you have tried all of those steps to get the requests  to work correctly and respond before posting in here.

It is possible that you have a lot of friends and that is causing the whole friend's section to not work correctly. Could you try removing some friend's and seeing if that improves the functionality at all? Additionally, if you have opened your Fitbit account in another device it is possible that the account being open in that device is causing the data to not upload correctly to the servers. If so, try logging out from all devices and then logging back into your app and giving it another try.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey that's the solution! I have way too many friends.
I notice there are 200+ that are not active anymore
However in order to delete them I have to scroll al the way to the bottom
of the screen which takes a minute at a time.
Is there an easier way to view the inactive ones and delete in larger
numbers? Otherwise this is going to take forever.
Thanks

--
Brandon Barton
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BBChi.

Thanks for letting me know that you did give that a shot and that it worked.

Unfortunately there is no other way to go about it. Manually and scrolling down is the only way to go about removing inactive users from your friend's list.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes