Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Activity map keep vanishing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I seem to have a rather odd issue - over the past month that I have owned by Fitbit Charge 2, it seems to randomly delete my route data.

The odd thing is, it shows the GPS map during the activity on my phone, I can see the distance and time and the map etc - but when I hit Pause, then Finish to complete the activity - it seems very to not track my GPS route in my activity. 

For example, this morning I just completed a 10k walk, i got to my end location, the app said 10k, I could even see the map - all my timings were there etc. Finish the activity and poof map gone - has not appeared anywhere. I have tried the app, and fitbit.com

Any advise or ideas?

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @kRAyZZed, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! In this case you are correct, this is a bug affecting this portion of the Fitbit app. This is caused when you press the pause button. So far there has been users reporting this issue and we are investigating the source. 

The workaround here is, either not pressing the pause button or try to use the connected GPS feature from your tracker. Note that these are different features that you have available as you have pair a Charge 2. For more details, this post will give you some insight: Connected GPS Information Post.

Rest assure this issue is under investigation to release a fix in the future.

See you later and stay tuned if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @kRAyZZed, awesome to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! In this case you are correct, this is a bug affecting this portion of the Fitbit app. This is caused when you press the pause button. So far there has been users reporting this issue and we are investigating the source. 

The workaround here is, either not pressing the pause button or try to use the connected GPS feature from your tracker. Note that these are different features that you have available as you have pair a Charge 2. For more details, this post will give you some insight: Connected GPS Information Post.

Rest assure this issue is under investigation to release a fix in the future.

See you later and stay tuned if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you very much, I will start using the Fitbit itself to start the activity instead of the app (it took me a few moments to realise I could add the Walk activity to the fitbit once I deleted some of the other activities as the shortcuts were full) .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maps on my logged runs keep randomly disappearing and will not re-sync. I just get a continuous red circle as it tries to sync / reload the data.

Also having a few general sync issues where I've had to turn both the Ionic and my phone off and back on to refresh. 

Best Answer

I am still experiencing this issue. Is there an ETA on when it will be fixed?

Best Answer