Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS tracking shows 2 different distances

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I use the gps tracking function in the app for running. The past few runs ive done it's recorded 2 distances, one is shown in the 'list view' in the exercise screen, but when I click on a specific run it shows a different distance. Today it said I'd ran 4.5km, but when I clicked on the run it said 5.9km!? 

I don't think it's a problem with gps as I ran in an open park with hardly any tree cover. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Lauriejk.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your thoughts on the matter. I'd like to take a closer look at the situation.

In this case I'd like to ask you to share some screenshots of what you are seeing. That should let me better understand the differences. 

In the meantime please try to log out of your app and then log back in. That will force the all data to be reloaded from the servers and get everything to display accurately.

I look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

Here are some screenshots showing the same run, but recorded as almost 1km difference in distance depending what screen I'm looking at.

Screenshot_20190531-104404_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190531-104424_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lauriejk.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and explaining the difference.

Our team is aware of this situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we do have any updates on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know about it.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes