Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Server error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else getting a server error saying to go for a walk until resolved when clicking on Health Metrics tab?

Can someone from Fitbit address my issue of system error when clicking on health metrics?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@Aamantha A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

In order to provide you with the correct troubleshooting, please let me know the error message you're getting, if possible attach a screenshot to your next reply. 

In the meantime, please double check you have installed a compatible operating system on your phone: 

• Apple iOS 12.2 or higher
  • Android OS 7.0 or higher
  • Windows 10 version 1607.0 or higher

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my Android and iPad have the correct version. I am unable to add a screenshot. Here is what it says verbatim on my ipad Server Error. Our servers seem to be having some issues. Please try again and if the problem persists, try going for a nice walk while we take care of it. My Android tile never does anything when you touch it 

Answered ur questions health metrics still not working 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Aamantha Thank you for the details mentioned. In this case, please try the following troubleshooting: 

- Log out from the Fitbit app 

- Force quit it > log back in 

- Tap on the Health metrics tab 

If you keep getting this error message, let me know the phone model and OS installed. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer

Was there ever a solution to this? I’ve been having the same problem for weeks now and have tried everything. 

Best Answer

@Tkieneker Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried. 

If you're still getting this error message, get connected with our Support team on this page, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Pretty disheartened to see this error was happening back in January and still does not appear to be resolved.  It started happening to me recently, I spent hours troubleshooting for fitbit support, and yet the issue persists with no ETA on fixing.  Part of being app developers is responding quickly to user issues and fixing them.  Please stop telling people to contact support about this issue... it's been troubleshot, and escalated, and still appears to be a problem.

Best Answer

I’m right there with you! This is so aggravating!

Best Answer

This has turned into full on nonsense for the last few days now.  Please fix.  

Best Answer

When I see this error, it is usually a communication error between my fitbit app on the phone and fitbit. Cloud services. 

However stopping the app and restarting has helped. 

It could also be caused by a VPN 

Best Answer

Hi Rich, good thoughts, which will hopefully help someone who reads this thread.  But there are a lot people (not just on this thread, but others), who have done all the trouble shooting, and are still having this error in various parts of the premium content.  The wording of the error seems to indicate a problem with Fitbit's servers that they are working to solve, and yet when one contacts support they seem unaware that a problem exists. 

No VPN on my end. I'm a software developer myself, so first thing I tried was restarting the app, and logging out and logging back in, and completely powering down and powering back up my phone, plus a number of other things.  The error persists.  Mine didn't happen in the same place though - mine happened on two of the Guided programs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wording does sound like a server error. However, when I'm hooked up to the same WiFi as my brother is, and I get this error, and his syncs? 

Best Answer

Rich, that's interesting, but it sounds like maybe a bit of a different error than the one described in this post.  Syncing would be a different process from accessing content in the app (Health metrics here, but others including me have reported it happening with Guided programs).  Not to say that they both couldn't get a server error.  But that aside, the fact that you use the same wifi as your brother, and you have problems and he doesn't just tells me the problem is not with your internet connection.   The fact that your problem is also solved by restarting the app also is a clue that it was a different issue.  I wish this one was solved by restarting.  It would be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine happens whwn I try to use Get Active. Nothibf else. 

Best Answer

My thought is that the problem is between the fitbit app and the fitbit server. 

If it was the server, most people will have the same issue. 

BTW I've moved this thread to the related Android support, out of the unrelated Inspire 2 hardware support. 

Best Answer