Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps activity map bug

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After I press finish when tracking a GPS activity in the app, the map does not show up. The activity is (sometimes) deleted so it's really frustrating not getting the confirmation that it was processed correctly. 

This is on android, galaxy S8, with charge HR. Phone is connected to internet. 

Map view is blankMap view is blank

Impact does show upImpact does show up

Recent is stuck on loadingRecent is stuck on loading

Sometimes after finishing an activity,  the GPS data is deleted. This used to happen on my old iPhone years ago, and I'm very disappointed to see it happens now as well on my galaxy S8. 

Yesterday all GPS activity from my hike was deleted. The app did detect 3 hours of activity, but the route is gone. 

Thanks fitbit. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @DutchGuy, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! I appreciate you have shared screenshot of this issue and for calling this out. My apologies for the late response and I would like to ask you if you are pausing the exercise at some point?

The Fitbit app has been presenting a bug with MobileRun, where if the user pause at some point the activity, in some scenarios, may present the issue you have reported, being the common cause the loss of the map course. The workaround in the meantime is to avoid pausing the exercise if this were the case.

Now some troubleshooting I can recommend, is to review the Fitbit app version. There has been a new release that I would like to make sure you have this version. For more details, please refer to this post.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that did not help not help at all @RobertoME

It's March 2020 and this is still happening

2020-03-01 14.12.58.jpg

I'm using this feature without pausing it, and I've update the app tons of times.

Best Answer