Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy J7 into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy J7 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy J7 is added to the supported devices list.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Thanks for being part of our Community @riisho! At the moment the Samsung J7 is not a compatible device. You can check our list of compatible devices here. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added. 

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

when will it be compatitible for all phones as far as phone functionality especially the galaxy j7? useless to have the band if it wont do my calls and text specially a job where you cant have your mobile device out

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! Fitbit is always adding new supported devices to the list. I totally understand your point because it will be really useful to have your phone supported, so you can enjoy of all the features. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just bought my husband a Samsung J7 and would also like to get him a Fitbit. Does any model of Fitbit and the Androud app sync with the J7?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @rowjo29, welcome to the Community, it's nice to see new faces around!

In this case, my best recommendations would be checking our compatibility list to make sure your husband's phone is compatible with the Fitbit app. If it's compatible, it will be able to sync with any Fitbit device! Smiley Happy

Hope this information can be useful to you, keep me posted if you need anything else! Man Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my fitbit blaze. But I can't use it with my galaxy J7. What should I do? Can anyone help me?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may not be able to resolve this as the J7 doesn't show in the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices

Hopefully someone with a J7 will be able to confirm either way.

Best Answer

@Animo are you saying that you can't use it because it is not on the list? 

Have you tried setting it up. 

Does the app store say that your device is not compatible, or does the app not let you set it up? Do you get any error messages? 

Best Answer
Well actually my device is not listed on the compatible devices. Should I
wait for fitbit me to use it? Or just get my refund?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Animo An alternative would be to use a different mobile device listed as supported or in the meantime, using a computer to sync. Hope that helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Was so excited to get my new Charge2 to help me to be more active! Had the Flex before which worked well with my old Samsung S3 but I wanted more functionality. Sadly, the Charge2 would not sync with my new Samsung Galaxy J7. I tried everything possible and finally contacted fitbit customer support. They told me to try it with other mobile devices (which I dont have) and finally told me the Charge2 was not compatible with my new mobile device. I returned the Charge2.

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know and sorry it didn't work out for you.

I know it's too late for you but for others reading this, you can check if a phone works with fitbit at www.fitbit.com/devices

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi

i have bought this phone and downloaded app but its not displaying what it should.  the compatibility list has galaxy samsung J, but not J7, does this mean it is not compatible?  i think the J7 was aimed at china market..

Best Answer

I just bought the samsung galaxy J7 and am very disappointed my Charge 2 won't sync with it! What is the ETA for this compatiability?

Best Answer

Hey there @SammyHerman! Currently, I don't have any information about when it's going to be compatible. However, Fitbit is always adding new devices to the list. 

In the meantime, you may want to use your app to log your food, activities and weight. What I usually do when I don't have my phone is that I have the Dongle plug into my computer and once I get home, it syncs automatically. So, you don't have to worry about syncing it. 

Thanks for your understanding!

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung j7 it still will not sync, but I still love my fitbit charge 2....i received it for my birthday this year 2017..but hoping that sometime soon fitbit personnel could find a solution...hoping soon..thanks.

Lucia C.

Best Answer

I recently replaced my Motorola Moto phone with a Samsung Galaxy J7....both Android systems. My Fitbit Flex GPS tracked my 4 mile walks fine with the Motorola but does not track well at all on the Samsung....may walk for 30 minutes and only show 0.02 miles walked instead of the usual 1.75 miles walked....any thoughts or suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@grdixon, I am a little confused by your post. Since the Flex does not support GPS, do you mean you were using the app Mobile Run feature to track the walk?  Or, was the Flex just measuring the walk by calculating the number of steps by the stride length?  You also indicate you walked for 30 minutes, but it did not record the 1.75 mile walk - you weren't really able to walk 1.75 miles in 30 minutes, were you? But, if it were a 30 minute walk, it certainly should have recorded more than 0.02 miles, so something was wrong with the recording of the walk. But, what confuses me most is that the Flex recording steps, and calculating distance, it not related to which phone you are running the app on, unless you are using the MobileRun feature of the app.

Can you provide a little more detail on what is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My mistake....the issue is with my fit bit app on my Samsung S7 not recording distance and route like it did on my Motorola Moro phone. And yes I walk st about a 16.5 minute /mile pace so 33 minutes is approx 2 miles
Best Answer
0 Votes