Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
My mistake....the issue is with my fit bit app on my Samsung S7 not recording distance and route like it did on my Motorola Moro phone. And yes I walk st about a 16.5 minute /mile pace so 33 minutes is approx 2 miles
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought a Samsung J7 Prime... not compatible with my Blaze.. didn't even know it would be an issue.. Very disappointed!!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy J7 into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy J7 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy J7 is added to the supported devices list.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Is this in the works? Will the Samsung J7 ever sync with the Fit Alta HR?

Best Answer

So everyone knows I have a charge 2 and I just got a Samsung Galaxy J7 today and I connected to my fitbit from my phone and I am receiving texts and call notifications you have to go into the settings and enable all notifications!!!

Best Answer

Hi,

I have synced my charge 2 with a Samsung J7 2016 with no issue, including his connection (which is not listed as available in the compatibility list).

Best Answer
I did connect my fitbit to my phone I was letting everyone know it does
connect
Best Answer
0 Votes

Am really angry that I paid a lot of money to upgrade my phone to a Samsung J7 Perx this weekend.  Though others are saying they are connecting, I keep getting an error about visibility?  Have no clue what it means or how to fix.  Never even thought at this time it would be an issue.  The article about connecting the Charge 2 to a computer made no sense to me at all.

Best Answer

Do you have any ETA for when this will be compatible? It stinks becauseI don't have a computer or any other device to use. I guess I will just have to get my steps and guess at it.😔

Best Answer

Keep me posted as to when the Samsung J7 becomes compatible with the charge 2.

Best Answer

Any update on J7 and Alta HR comparability??

Best Answer

Any update to when we may be able to use this? I got a new weekly report and it shows nothing because I can't pair it. 

Best Answer
My charge 2 is paired to my phone but it only synched for 1 day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone
Best Answer
Update: Though originally the two refused to play nice, ultimately they did start talking to each other and for the most part are working fine now. I don't know why initially they didn't like each other but the issue has resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I noticed last night that the fit bit charge 2 had started synching with my
Samsung J7 phone. I'll not celebrate just yet. Maybe if it keeps it up for
a few days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been syncing for about 5 days now. It is still a like glitch at times, but I'll take it for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, mine is also finally talking and mostly playing nice, but I am noticing from time to time, my workouts are not recording though I know they took on the fitbit and they show on my online dashboard, they don't show on the phone. Hopefully they are working out the glitches.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally called support & they walked me through a full reboot. It's been
working for about two weeks now pretty good.🤞
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your text and calls to come thru? Did you turn on the notifications on the phone or on the Alta hr fitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't have the Alta. I turn notifications on the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes