Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J7 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone use the fitbit Alta successfully with a samsung galaxy j7 unlocked phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity & format

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
I don't have the alta, I have the Charge 2. They finally started playing nice on their own, I really didn't do anything other that cuss under my breath.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also recently bought a Fitbit Flex 2 only to find out it is not compatible with my new Samsung J7.  While it's nice that it is waterproof and can be used in a pool, I'm disappointed that it only does half of what I expected due to incompatibility.  Hoping this device is added soon to those that work efficiently with the Flex 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Fitbit Alta as a gift and it isn't compatible to my android Samsung J7......how long does it actually take for Fitbit to test the phone to make it compatible?  I've been reading here that Fitbit is constantly adding new new phone compatibility all the time but that's being said for over 2 years!  Come on, Fitbit, let's make these cellphones compatible for our Fitbit or we're wasting our money.

Best Answer

I have Galaxy J7 V and just purchased a Versa. I get all notifications except TEXT messages. When will it be fixed,?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just keep after them & get as many friends as possible to bug them too. They'll fix it then.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

To enjoy the Quitline I'm working on nothing hiding the good technology in selling everybody to cheat technology

Best Answer
0 Votes

! year later - any updates?

Best Answer
Suddenly it started working. Seems to be a problem with the syncing intervals even though I have it set for all day sync

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit NOT syncing with

your phone? 

I hope this may help for those who try .. let me know though if it works. This method worked for me on both Samsung J7 and J5 and OnePlus 2.. 

1. Unpair remove your device from ur bluetooth list (If you can)

2. Switch off ur fitbit (make sure u consult ur manual on how to do this properly as it can be tricky)

3. Install a fresh copy of fitbit app. if u have it installed UNINSTALL IT and reboot ur phone

4. next switch on ur Location/GPS on ur mobile

5. Keep ur wifi or data connection on

6. Switch on ur fitbit

7. on ur mobile switch off bluetooth (if its on ) and turn in back on after 5 secs

8. OPen the fitbit app and follow the instructions and allow/accept any connection between app and fitbit 

hope that helps.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

okay a year has passed, any word on the J7? i would really like to use my fitbit blaze with my samsung J7

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a charge 2? i have a J7 and would like to use my Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a blaze and j7 as well.....no luck with gPS.....going to garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was working with my Alta HR for several months. I updated the app 2 days ago and now it won't connect; even when I do the set up from the beginning. Customer Support told me the J7 was still not compatible. I see the thread was started over a year ago, so apparently, it is still not fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Alta HR which is sold as bluetooth compatible. (No Warning that certain Bluetooth phones will not work)

I got a Samsung J7 which has bluetooth.

The phone and my alta hr were easy to sync and worked fine for 60 days.

Then it stopped about 1 week ago.

Fit it customer walked me through and everything worked for 1 week.

Now it will not sync and i got an email from fitbit alta hr is not compatible with the J7.  

Bluetooth is bluetooth

I have friends with the same phone and same fitbit.

Theirs works

Fitbit should issue a refubd in the devices that do not work

Best Answer
Mine will sync for a while, then stop. I unpair it and have to try several times to pair it again. Once it does, it works fine for a few weeks and then repeat.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Stacey!Do you just unpair the bluetooth?Have a Great Day,Bob Burtisraburtis@gmail.com201-704-0863Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to totally unpair it from your phone and then do the setup like it's new. Sometimes I have to do the setup 3 or 4 times before it will actually send the code to pair even though it finds it every time. Just turning bluetooth off and back on does not work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. My Fitbit is now working, but not all the features work.That's
ok with me as I wouldn't use all of them anyway.The couple I use do work.
Hopefully they will not stop working like yours did. Sorry. I hope you can
get your money back from them.
Best Answer
0 Votes