Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has always had great support for the HTC flagship phones.  To my surprise, my new HTC 10 arrived today, and the Fitbit app doesn't recognize the phone.  (Nor does the Fitbit website even acknowledge its existence yet...)  The app doesn't recognize the phone as eligible for Mobile Track or other features, even though it correctly imported my devices from my account.

Any idea on when Fitbit might have official support for the new phone?  To be fair, the new Samsung S7 flagships are a couple of months old and don't show up either...

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Was that a robot? 

By the way for the people that have an htc 10 the charge 2 works fine with it.

Fitbit could also just release a beta version for each untested phone and ask the testers to test if it functions and send feedback after a week. 

Than they would be able to test every phone a month after release.

Viola, the solution

Best Answer
FYI, both my Surge and Charge 2 are now compatible with my HTC 10 phone.
And, last week I tried to sync my Charge 2 with a new HTC U11 phone. It
worked! Fibit has stated that some phones not on its list of compatible
phones may still work with Fitbit trackers. The HTC 10 and HTC U11 are not
on the compatible list.
Best Answer

@Guahan wrote:
FYI, both my Surge and Charge 2 are now compatible with my HTC 10 phone.
And, last week I tried to sync my Charge 2 with a new HTC U11 phone. It
worked! Fibit has stated that some phones not on its list of compatible
phones may still work with Fitbit trackers. The HTC 10 and HTC U11 are not
on the compatible list.

They are not compatible, they are working. Plenty of people with non compatible devices are able to make their trackers work from time to time. 

There is no guarantee that all features will work or that it will keep working between updates. Also Fitbit will not provide any support for non compatible handsets.

So you're really missing the point when we are extremely disappointed at the glacial speed that Fitbit adds new devices to their supported list.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer

I took my blaze back to John Lewis yesterday and got a:

Samsung Gear Fit 2

Loving it as its working as advertised, comfortable and slightly cheaper than the blaze. By by fitbit, useless tw**s.

Best Answer

Such a shame they lose customers like that over such things like being slow with compatibility. Loved the Samsung gear fit 2 looks like a great switch when fitbit doesn't work. I still love the constant heart rate of the fitbit and now I have some experience (charge 2) i also like the layout of the menu's but of course that's useless in that case. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The phone has been out long enough that fitbit has thoroughly tested it but still not supported, why?  I can't use dongle as I have an old computer and it's not supported either.  This cost fitbit 2 sales from me today. I needed the flex 2 specifically because it's waterproof and tracks swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an HTC 10 and Charge HR 2. I can confirm that all features work well, no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze can use the phones gps whilst running? HTC 10 app syncs your steps during the day without you needing to open the app and manually sync? You may be 1 in a million if those are working for you....

Best Answer
0 Votes

So thats the only problem i have with the charge 2 it doesn't stay connected. When i set it up to record my ride it just stops after some meters. 

Best Answer

I think  HTC M10 users are experiencing the same tracker issues from the latest update that Samsung devices have too. But of course Samsung being more common get the love and we have to wait....

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the same app so probably fixing for samsung would mean that it will be fixed for everyone. except iphone users.

Best Answer

Why is the fit bit not compatable with the htc10.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because fitbit does not care.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What an ignorant reply quote because fit bit doesn't care.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For now it seems that is a accurate description of the situation. For me it does work at the moment though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my tracker from Surge to Ionic. The Surge used to sync with my HTC10 no problem. The new Ionic only syncs once if I re-create Bluetooth connection with the phone. Notifications worked once for a period of a hour, but mostly not at all.

I noted that the notifications started working (for a hour) after I changer the tracker to 'require encryption' and 'enable transliteration'?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the last update, I reset my fitbit and re-synced with the HTC10. It is now working correctly, I get messages, call notifications and it syncs during the day without me needing to force the sync. Finally, thank you fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about a buy back program for HTC 10 owners that have been harmed by this abandonment issue. 

A smart watch unable to like to a phone is unacceptable. 

Linking to my computer , only makes my watch barely useful. 

I'm am working on a design for a hip sack to carry my laptop. This way I can use my phone as a hot-spot to get notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Although it is not supported so not guaranteed to work. At this moment with the latest software update and the app it should work okayish. The only problem is the live time tracking that is a bit stuborn regulary. The notifications work fine from my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you upgrade to Oreo? I am having no luck. Zero syncing, I can’t even
adjust my clock
Best Answer