Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate inaccurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 in inaccurate with heart rate at higher bpm. It seams to be fine at resting but during woork out it doesn't go as high as it should be. I have a seperate oxygen and heart monitor so I sure it is inaccurate. Any tips would be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Shannon1973.

Thanks for bringing this up.

There are several reasons why the readings might not be fully accurate, I'd recommend that you try going through the tips listed on this help article. They should definitely help in getting better readings.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Forums @Shannon1973.

Thanks for bringing this up.

There are several reasons why the readings might not be fully accurate, I'd recommend that you try going through the tips listed on this help article. They should definitely help in getting better readings.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try all those things. It doesn't change how this reads fine at low heart rate but the higher my rate goes up the less accurate it becomes. It messes up my calorie count and that is the main reason I bought it.

Best Answer

Hello @Shannon1973.

Thanks for trying the steps I suggested and letting me know that  they didn't work in your case. 

In this case I'd like to ask, how big is the difference that you are seeing? Also, please do keep in mind that the Charge 2 is not a medical device and might not be as accurate as a chest strap or other specialized devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has always been off by 10 or more  beats when I go to dr. And just thought to myself well not a medical device. So ignored it.. Recently was in hospital for 3 days and was more than 30 beats off  or more..entire time. So disappointed. Does that mean all data off? Sleep, work outs and everything for 5 years. This is my 3 rd Fitbit due to complications with them..??????

Best Answer
0 Votes