Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate only showing resting heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before and after update my app has stopped showing my active heart rate only my resting heart rate. What's up with that??

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @MarniInCalgary Android 9 here, app version 3.6.1 on a Samsung Galaxy 8 phone. I just checked mine and the active heart rate is there after a few seconds, although it's not "beating" is that what you're seeing? Let us know.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the app the heart doesn’t beat and it just shows my resting heart rate.
Which makes it hard to exercise within my targets.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which phone and do you have the latest app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Samsung G6
I have updated the FitBit app and my phone is up to date.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm watching my own phone to see the app. The heart isn't pulsating as it usually would, but the heart rate changes. Might be a glitch, but I'll notify a moderator about your post.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I tried installing the app on my iPad.

In the app there is no + sign to the right on the Heart Rate icon like
there use to be.
Best Answer

My InspireHR just stopped recording my HR yest. It's only a few months old! On occasion, when sleeping, it won't record it, but it's been over a day now! I got this for this feature! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @debbey  be sure you have the latest firmware and app, too. If so, then get with customer support. Their phone number is (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA. If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarniInCalgary and @debbey, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing detailed information of the issues experienced about the heart rate data in the Fitbit app.

This sounds strange and so I can take a look, please provide me with a screenshot of the details displayed on the Fitbit app and fitbit.com dashboard. For instructions to attach a picture, check this post. Also, let me know the Android version of your phone.

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Thank you so much for your help and flagging the post @Odyssey13

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Here is a screenshot from my app today. My heart rate only shows my resting
heart rate and not my active hearts rate. I have a Samsung 6 which is up to
date and I have updated my FitBit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes