Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate recorded during exercise doesn't match heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is hard to explain, best seen by viewing the screen shots.

The heart rate shown during the day so far shows a peak of around 130bpm which would be the time on the treadmill. This is about right according to the chest strap I was also wearing. 

The Versa showed wild differences in the heart rate (up to about 180bpm) compared to the strap during exercise, and on the run it showed a peak of 184bpm. So Amy would that not be reflected in the heart rate reading section of the app? 

This is not a one off, it happens all the time.

Why is there this discrepancy?

See the screen shots.

Cheers

Ellie

Screenshot_20200214-140226_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200214-140057_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

The all-day graph covers a longer time.  It cannot show all values for every reading.

Your exercise graph covers 30 minutes versus 24 hours in the other graph.  There is a limit to how many data points can be shown on a small graph.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the peak should show as being more in the 180 range (which actually is totally out of the ballpark wrong), however small the graph. But instead it shows a peak of 130 ish for that actual exercise period in the 24 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you assuming the graph should start with finding the highest and lowest points, and go from there.  Suppose it just showed the reading every 5 minutes, and the 180 peak was only between those every-5th-minute readings.

If you just go along plotting the point every 5th minute, what are the odds that will just happen to hit exactly upon the highest point of the day?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see your point.

The totally inaccurate heart rate is another issue.

At the age of 70, alarm bells should have been ringing with a heart rate of 186! LOL. If I hadn't been wearing a chest strap which showed the actual heart rate I would have been in trouble!

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry guys, I was asking why the activity based readings do not get "translated" or transferred" into the daily heart rate... e.g. why are the activity and daily readings separated? It seems strange that the fitbit does not have the programming to add activity to daily reading to be able to provide more information to the user. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where were you asking this? 

It's a good point!. 

Best Answer
0 Votes