Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to negate gained floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit adds floors when I'm traveling and change elevations is there any correction for this

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Carolfaith.

I can see how that can be bothersome. Because of the way the trackers recognize steps, it is very possible that the tracker will recognize an elevation change, or general air pressure change, as floors. In order to negate those steps you could try to log a driving activity. There have been reports that it does negate steps for some, but not for others. I'd say that it is worth giving it a try.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a driving selection under activities any other way to negate the s stair issue

Best Answer

Hi @Carolfaith,

Driving doesn't show up in the normal list. Try it this way:

Go to the Dashboard link near the top of fitbit.com.

Click Log, then Acitvity.

At the bottom there's a text box to fill in to add an activity. Type "Dr", and it should complete it as Driving. Then put in the time for start and stop, and that's it.

As @LanuzaFitbit mentioned, it works better for some than others, but it's worth a shot. Let us know how it goes!

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Hey @Carolfaith and @WavyDavey.

Thanks for chiming in to clarify @WavyDavey

@Carolfaith If you do try to log the driving activity, please let us know how it worked for you.

Look forward to your reply. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I may be mistaken but it seems like this solution wipes out all activities for the time period including things like steps. Is there a way around this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging the driving activity will wipe out the steps, floors and calories burned for the defined period. See: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306/

There isn't a way to just remove floors but note that tracked floors do not affect the calorie calculation so although the floor count may be wrong, that's the only thing affected.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @FeS2. Hello @SteveH.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for being around to help @SteveH.

@FeS2 What @SteveH mentioned is on point! Maybe you will find that useful.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes