Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup my Fitbit device?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Must I have bluetooth? Is there anywhere that can give me handson help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Shortpara, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For step-by-step instructions on how to setup your Fitbit device, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your Fitbit. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? if you experience an issue during the process.

@Odyssey13 Thanks for the helpful information that was shared in your post.

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Shortpara  this for your Charge 4? Yes, you really need bluetooth. It acts as the bridge from your device to the Fitbit app, which uses your mobile device to send your activity stats to the Fitbit servers where it's stored. You can always log out of the app, which means the bluetooth isn't needed, but you don't get the live information. You can also turn bluetooth off when you don't want it on, but you might need it for other paired items, such as car speaker phone. Anyway, this article tells you more about how the Android system sets up to your device - click to go there. The user manual for the Charge 4, along with other helpful articles, can be found here - click.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @Shortpara, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. For step-by-step instructions on how to setup your Fitbit device, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your Fitbit. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? if you experience an issue during the process.

@Odyssey13 Thanks for the helpful information that was shared in your post.

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer