Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 pro compatible?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm in the process of buying a new phone and I would really like the huawei p20 pro. But after searching and reading different threads there seems to be a problem with syncing between charge 3 and this phone. Also found an answer saying the model is now on the compatible devices list. But does it work with notifications and syncing now? Anyone who's got this combination and can tell me if it works or not? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I bought the phone and set it up with my fitbit charge 3 and it seems to work just fine. I had issues for a short while with syncing and after some troubleshooting I found out it was due to the GPS being turned off. After I turned that on it seems to be working fine both with syncing and recieving notifications. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Welcome to the Forums @AmWile.

I'll be happy to answer your question.

As you indicated, the P20 Pro is now part of the supported list. As such, features like syncing and notifications should definitely work.

Let's see what other users with experience on the matter have to say about it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

it's very hit and miss - i complained a few weeks ago about not receiving notification on the fitfit blaze from the P20 Pro - after some diagnostics i was sent a replacement blaze and it worked great for 2 weeks, all of a sudden yesterday it's stopped.  it sync's ok manually but the auto sync seems to have stopped working which is why i'm guessing notifications stopped working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought the phone and set it up with my fitbit charge 3 and it seems to work just fine. I had issues for a short while with syncing and after some troubleshooting I found out it was due to the GPS being turned off. After I turned that on it seems to be working fine both with syncing and recieving notifications. 

Best Answer

Hello @lpw_radebe and @AmWile.

@lpw_radebe I apologize for the delay in my response. @AmWile Glad to read that everything seems to be syncing correctly with you.

@lpw_radebe In this case I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. That should definitely help so that the notifications works again.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Versa and since changing to a Huawei P20 pro phone I never receive notifications anymore.  I really miss this function, what can I do to get my watch working again?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @rpardoski.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Let me help you get the notifications to work correctly with your P20 Pro.

My suggestion in this case would be to try the steps listed in this help article. They should get the notifications to work.

In addition to that please let me know if you still have access to your previous phone and confirm if the notifications did work on that phone to the moment the switch on phones happened.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I have the Huawei P20 and a fitbit blaze.  Can you help with me getting notifications to the fitbit. It only works when I leave the app running in. Once I close the app I don't get any more notification 

Best Answer

I have a Huawei P20 pro and just purchased a fitbit versa, initial set up took about 5 hours. Then i had sync issues, tried uninstalling the app, turning phone off and on, restarting fitbit, removing all other paired devices. No luck, removed the versa from my fitbit and now it won’t re install, been trying for three days. 

is this fitbit not compatible?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Kits5 and @BJD16.

Let me help you figure with your situation to make sure that everything is working correctly.

@Kits5 for your situation let's try restarting connection between your phone and the Fitbit from scratch. Please follow these steps:

1. Go into your P20's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for any Fitbit devices that show as paired devices.
  3. Remove them all from the list of paired devices.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Then run the set up as if you were doing it with a replacement Charge 3.

@BJD16 in regards to the notifications, given that they Fitbit connects with the app instead of directly the phone's Bluetooth the app needs to be open on the phone, even if in the background, for the notifications to come through. I hope this clarifies the situation.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, that didn't work. It still won't set up. Is this phone now incompatible?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hello @Kits5.

Thanks for trying those steps I recommended. 

The Huawei P20 Pro is definitely a supported phone. You can click here to see the full list.

In this case I'd like to ask what if you are getting some sort of error message and if so, what does it say? 

In the meantime, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

I look forward to your reply. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for half a day then it stopped syncing again, hasn't synced since. 

I do not have a computer or other phone, I need to use this one.

If there is no other fix I will need to return the watch.

It's 2019 and I don't feel like this should be this hard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had to change username at login. Still same user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @KelKit.

Thanks for sharing all of the details on the matter and trying the steps I recommended.

Do you get some sort of error message when you are trying to sync after following the steps that I recommended? What does that message say?

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes it said sorry it's taking so long and asks to turn Bluetooth on and off. I don't need a fix anymore though. I returned the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had everything working fine. Now I don't get  text message notifications but I'm still receiving other notifications.  Don't know what happen 

Best Answer

yea i've got the same issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No P20 pro is still not compatible. I bought the charge 3 in June and it was syncing until 15 September. I haven't been able to sync since 15 September.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same P20 pro issues with regards to connectivity - it.is.terrible! Every time I go for a run and leave the app open, and tell the watch I am about to run, it will initially show the little icon on the charge 2 to show connected to phone but half way round something loses connection somewhere and I am left with half the run recorded. The Charge 2 doesn't have built in GPS, so it must be the phone itself losing connection. I don't get any notifications come through to the watch and when I go into notifications settings on the app I get a message in red text to say the phone needs a restart (to which I have completed and it still doesn't work). When I had an iPhone it all worked fine. Auto sync doesn't work and a manual sync takes forever. I almost went and bought a new watch thinking the fit bit was on its way out, I have had it for three years.. now after a bit of digging around I believe it is the phone. 

Best Answer