Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 pro compatible?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm in the process of buying a new phone and I would really like the huawei p20 pro. But after searching and reading different threads there seems to be a problem with syncing between charge 3 and this phone. Also found an answer saying the model is now on the compatible devices list. But does it work with notifications and syncing now? Anyone who's got this combination and can tell me if it works or not? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Sorry to say no its not compatable. I purchased the Huawei Pro 20 last year and have tried so many time to sync the 2 togther to my disappointment and frustration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The devices are compatible. The problem lies with the phone and not the fitbit device you're using. 

The p20 pro has very aggressive memory management which puts apps to sleep or users low power mode to conserve battery. 

The fix is simple. 

Go to settings. 

Battery

App launch

Find fitbit and touch the blue button. 

On the next screen, leave all 3 buttons blue.

It should now say Fitbit. Then below: Manage manually. The phone will no longer close the app allowing all day sync etc.

One further point is that the phone will occasionally say power intensive app etc. If this concerns you then to alleviate this, go to the fitbit app itself and turn off all day sync. Me, personally, I'm not bothered and leave it on. 

Hope this helps and cleared up any future issues with huawei devices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just been involved in a very lengthy email back and forth with Fitbit and they continue to tell me that Huawei P20 is not supported. 

It does not synch properly and I can not access Premium. 

Fitbit has said I just need to post on here with no further offer of help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi FJS4, I still have my P20 Pro and I still have my fitbit watch. Albeit, an upgraded model. I am still able to use both my watch and phone together. My watch still syncs with my phone and vice-versa.  I am no longer experiencing any issues between the two devices. 

Would you like some help? 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20200519_225524_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

•  go to settings, apps, apps, fitbit, battery usage detail, then choose app launch and ensure it looks the same as I have done in the image. The aggressive power management of Huawei devices means that Bluetooth is turned off forScreenshot_20200519_230041_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

some device. 
Best Answer

I have tried everything, it does sync but only when I disable and enable the bluetooth or restart my phone. Fit bit told me about a month ago that P20 is not supported. I have contacted Huawei and they said to contact Fitbit and Fitbit told me to restore factory settings on my phone, which I did and regretted it as it took forever to try to get all the settings for all other apps back to how I wanted them. It didn’t help the fitbit problem. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
I have also contacted google Play store about the problem not being able to obtain premium and they told me it was a problem from titbits end as P20 is an unsupported device, fitbit agreed on that one but said there is nothing they can do about about it. I am not impressed with the customer service they offer.
36 emails to fit bit has worn me down, I think that was their intention. I wish I hadn’t bought a fitbit.
Fiona 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FJS4 and @Dukesy23, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your posts.

@FJS4 Thanks  for bringing this to our attention and for all the details that were shared, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you but your effort troubleshooting this situation with our Customer Support team is appreciated. Just as stated in your posts, our Support team informed me that they already provided you assistance to resolve this situation. Therefore, I recommend you to contact them back if you require further assistance or if you have any additional questions about the outcome of your case.                 

@Dukesy23 Thanks for the information that was shared with us, the willingness to help is always  appreciated here in the Community Forums.               

I'll be around, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my Fitbit versa 2 has worked fine on my p20  but has suddenly stopped sending notifications and app notifications I have tried a factory set and it worked for an hour but stopped again help how can I get this resolved??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, have you tried the steps I posted above? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Huawei Sync Fix

The above link will point you to an app I found useful. I tried it and I managed to have no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the P20 pro andbq Fitbit ionic  everything works great except message/call notification. It tells me to restart my phone but this doesn't resolve the issue. I have unpaired the watch/ deleted and reinstalled the app and tried numerous other things which has occasionally made notifications work but never for more than a day before the restarting phone red banner message reappears and then doesn't work. I can't reinstall the app every time. Any help appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I had the same issue with mine too, if you check the battery in settings
mine was on power save mode and once I turned it off it has worked
perfectly since with no issues . The phone somehow blocks the notifications
, hope this helps ☺️
Best Answer
0 Votes