Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Totally agree! I'm really cross and have asked John Lewis to look into the problem (they've passed it to manager level) as well as posting reviews. I might also contact consumer programmes/websites such as BBC watchdog and Money Saving Expert. 

I checked my packaging and it says it works with Android, not works with selected Android phones once we can be bothered to update the app.... Didn't have a clue that there might be an issue!

Best Answer
It is false advertising i agree on that.
Best Answer

I've gone on their compatibility website and compared it to the T-Mobile and Metro PCS and 99% of the phones are not compatible. You either have to buy a Samsung Galaxy top of the line model or an Iphone for it to work for you completely.

Best Answer

Totally agree, there needs to be a clear warning on the packaging that it is only compatible with a small proportion of Android phones and also a warning in the app itself so that when we get a new phone we are reminded to check (not that I could afford an S7. Another forum member suggested that I post and vote on the Suggestions page as that's how  Fitbit decide their priorities. So as ridiculous as it sounds it's worth suggesting that they design the app to work with popular Android phones! Mind you people have been doing this for at least a year with no success! 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

Best Answer

Hey everyone. Yes, I posted this in October last year see if Fitbit would do something so that I could use my Flex2 with my Huawei P9 Lite but so far nothing has happened.. I am also very cross because I literally wasted my money... I bought a Fitbit that I can't use (unless I buy an iPhone or an S7). I thought tech companies were very responsive to what is said in forums, but Fitbit seems to be a big exception, all we can hope for is someone else showing up to say "we are working very hard in this, meanwhile.." and some euphemism to say you should get a new phone or just figure out some other way to use it -.-

Best Answer

I'm just so cross about this and the fact that Fitbit don't seem at all bothered. They've already got our money so they just put all their efforts into designing fancy bracelets and not into software. I'm hoping that retailers will put more pressure on as they might care if John Lewis or Amazon sales slump. This problem also needs to be publicised in reviews and social media...

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an owner of a P9 lite I wanted to buy the new Alta HR, after reading this I wont. Thanks everyone you really helped me with the decision. It sucks because I was really looking forward to getting it but if it doesn't work with my phone there is no point. 

Best Answer

A year after this was originally reported we are still waiting for some sort of tangible response!!! What is fitbit's plan for this. If there is not a plan. Please just let us know!!!

Best Answer

Fitbit doesn't have any plans. They re just focusing on better customers like iPhone And Samsung. We are not good enough. I seriously advise you to try Garmin or Polar. I have now the polar loop 2 : it's cheaper, it's syncing and i personnaly love their features. If you want to track what you eat you'll have to combine it with myfitnesspal. I also realised that both of them together give you a more accurate Idea of what you eat and what you spend on terms of calories. 

Best Answer
Agreed. If I didn't already have a Fitbit I wouldn't buy one. I also would
not recommend them to anyone - in fact I do the opposite. Even if the
product worked as stated on the packaging, their customer service is
terrible. All communications I have had with them I have had were utterly
useless, and those regarding this issue always ended up with "your phone
isn't supported".
--

Thanks,
Phil
Best Answer

Please can you tell me if any other fitbit is compatible with the huawei p lite. I am so sad as I received the fitbit blaze for my birthday.

Best Answer

@Debbie233: all Fitbit trackers that support Bluetooth communicate with the Fitbit app in the same way. If a given tracker (e.g. Blaze) is compatible with a given phone, all other trackers will be. If a given tracker is not compatible, chances are neither will any of the other Fitbit models.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been months. I wish they would tell us what is happening... Frustrating!

Best Answer

They ain't bothered anymore i don't think...they don't give a **ahem**, they have our money now. I've been doing some research which i wish i had done before i bought a fitbit! Their stocks and shares have plummeted 81% in less than a year! They'll be gone soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't pair my tracker with my huawei P7 ascend. Apperently it's not in the list either. Will this be an update that will be made soon? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't make sense as my wife has a fitbit and hers pairs with her p9?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's weird indeed (and that phone is not on the list either). I already contacted customers service and they said that I should post my problem over here and that may fix it in an update if they see this post. So yeah, not very helpfull. Read about it in another post, someone tried the steps (that they give you when it won't work) and it worked after an hour of trying them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

My tracker won't sync with my phone (huawei ascend p7). I tried all the steps multiple times, but no luck so far. Customers services says it won't work because my phone is not in the list with phones to which trackers can pair. But I have heard from other people that their tracker does sync, although their phone is not in that list. Anybody any tips? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update 03/27/2017: The Huawei P9 and P9 Lite have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer