Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Hello there everyone. I know you are upset these mobile devices are not listed as compatible. When it was mentioned that these devices had the potential to be compatible, tests were conducted and it wasn't a guarantee these devices were going to be compatible. 

After extensive testing, we have determined that these device are not compatible with Fitbit products. To find more information about incompatible devices you can read this article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

In this case, I have mentioned this before, but there are not  details why Huawei phones are presenting issues. Even us as moderators do not posses this details.

Thank you for your feedback

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roberto, just this morning I received a comms from Fitbit marketing
their Charge2 stating that the Fitbit works on Android and IOS.

No it doesnt. Cant speak for IOS but it certainly does not work on ALL
Android devices.

I will appreciate if Fitbit would caution potential buyers to first check
for device compatibility before purchasing.

Judging by the myriad of internet complaints consumers are assuming
compatibility. And understandably so. Eg, my previous Fitbits work
perfectly on the P9 Lite. The Charge2 does not. Why would I even suspect
that the my phone was incompatible with the Charge2 if I have 2 other
Fitbits that are compatible. Eg, my old HR is working perfectly on the P9
Lite.

Also, why should I even bother about checking compatibility when Fitbit
states the tracker is compatible with Android phones.

And, it is not only Huawei. There are plenty complaints about other Android
devices as well.

The store where I bought my Charge2 has now included a device compatibility
check when selling Fitbits. This is responsible selling and this should be
part of the on-line sales process as well.

It is not good enough that Fitbit wash their hands from this issue. The
Fitbit is only one half of the product. The app is the other half. And for
that you need a compatible device. And I don't buy the advice that it can
still be paired with a laptop etc. The expectation is to pair it with a
phone.

Buyer beware!
Best Answer
Why are the Huawei phones not compatible
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME

I believe people are not only upset about some phones not working with Fitbit devices (at least not straight out of the box) but also about how long it takes to get useful answers from Fitbit.  Even after excessively long periods of waiting, the answers are not satisfactory.

You write that you did "extensive testing". Did that include checking all battery saving settings on some Huawei phone models? Are you 100% certain that the App won't work as is? What about the users that report that a Huawei P9 Lite synced with their Fitbit devices? How do you explain that while claiming a general incompatibility based on Bluetooth issues with this particular device?

You wrote "there are not (sic) details why Huawei phones are presenting issues." If there are issues with "Huawei phones" in general, why are the P7 and P8 listed as compatible? Should we not trust your compatibility list? Or is the phrase "Huawei phones are presenting issues" inadequate? There are Huawei phones that work with the Fitbit app as is and I'm puzzled why your message ignores that. Regarding P9 compatibility, I'm none the wiser, because your statement is inconsistent with Fitbit's compatibility list and user reports.

As to why you have no knowledge regarding details of the alleged incompatibility, one wonders whether the reason is that there is no good technical explanation and Fitbit simply cannot be bothered to make the App work on all phones and/or support users in configuring their phones. If there is a technical reason, why not share it? Have you tried contacting engineering for a good answer?

You wrote "The only thin certain is that these devices are not compatible." which doesn't make sense to me, for two reasons: First, users have been reporting success even with devices that (after ages) have been listed as explicitly being incompatible. Second, you make it seem as if Fitbit could only test and in case of negative results had to sadly concede that nothing can be done about the "incompatibility". It is much more likely that an adaptation of the Fitbit App would result in all phones to work with Fitbit devices. My P9 works with the first ever Pebble watch. Are you saying your engineers cannot do what Pebble programmers could do in 2013?

The only thing certain is not that there is some insurmountable issue with some Huawei phones but that it takes Fitbit an excessively long time to come up with an entirely unsatisfactory answer. Add to that the massive issues people have had updating their Ionic and that uploading music to the Ionic appears to be an ordeal that inexplicably ends after hours and hours of trying, the impression left is that quality control is lacking at Fitbit and that the customer is left on their own.

It is fine for me if Fitbit does not really want to make smartwatches (the Ionic has been universally deemed to be a great fitness tracker but dumb "smartwatch"). It is fine for me, if Fitbit only wants to cater to some of the Android market.

However, it is unacceptable to me to advertise produces as being compatible with all Android devices while they are not and to place the blame on other manufacturers. Unless you can deliver a solid technical explanation as to why other parties are failing, I suggest you own up to your unwillingness or inability to support all products you claim to support on the product box.

Best Answer
Huawei p9lite is not the problem it's fit bit that doesn't allow it to
connect
Best Answer

Hi, everyone!

I wanted to make the following very clear for you all. The Fitbit app is compatible with more than 200 Apple, Android, and Windows 10 phones and tablets. We're continually adding more devices and improving our compatibility. However, due to Bluetooth issues that prevent Huawei Lite models, including P8 and P9 Lite, from syncing with some devices, like Fitbit devices, our products are not compatible with these mobile phones. Since we can confirm P9 lite will not be compatible, I'm going to close this thread for further comments. 

Please remember to abide by our Community Guidelines when posting to keep the forums productive, respectful, and on-topic.

Thanks, everyone for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer