Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

After I saw your message I reinstalled the app and tried synching but message 'tracker not found', hence still no progress on my side and neither has Fitbit on this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key problem is pairing.

If the tracker pairs, immediatly giving you the numbers to type on the phone, without any lags or hesitations, then good chances are everything will run fine.

This is the key behaviour any android users should look for.

The phone brand, or manufacturer are not important, since the integrated circuitery that is responsible of bluetppth radio communications all apply to "standards" the same way WIFI do. It wouldnt be possible otherwise..

Best Answer

"The key problem is pairing."

You found the issue !!!

And now what ?

Best Answer
My Fitbit nor my Garmin VivoSmart HR will work with my Huawei P9 Lite.  Neither will pair.  UGGGG. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get yourself a tom tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a great Tom Tom that links up with my Nike+ records but my work won't accept Tom Tom, only FitBit and Garmin and Polar, so, I cannot get any of the health insurance perks if I use it.  BOOOO.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ask the devs for it, i'm an USER

Best Answer

I noticed that the Huawei P9 is not in the list of devices that are compatible with the Fitbit Ionic.

Should I therefore expect issues with my P9?

How come that compatibility is specified per device anyhow? Shouldn't compatibility with Android version X.Y.Z suffice?

P.S.: I know it is not good style to address multiple topics with one post. However, unless the Ionic will support browsing one's Google calendar (at least the titles of the entries for the current day), I will not consider buying the Ionic. My age old Pebble classic performs this trick (with the "Glance" application) and I won't buy a smart watch that is not capable of giving me an overview of my day's activities.

Is calendar integration currently in development? I love the Ionic's design and would buy it immediately despite it not supporting answering to messages, etc. I don't need an extraordinarily "smart" watch, but calendar integration is absolutely essential.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont know the intricate details of Android but each phone make uses android  in a different way. So unfortunately Android version X in a Hauwei is very different from version X in a Samsung. I have no idea why or how, but know that thats the way it is. 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My boyfriend has a huawei p9 lite, my ionic sync with it. I don't use a lot of feature, but even notifications have worked (for the very short period of time i tried them) fine.

Regarding the calendar, you can receive notifications on the ionic from a calendar app on your phone. Not sure if it works the same as on the pebble, but if you want an honest opinion, if you look to use a lot of those smart watch features on the ionic, don't get it, you will most likely be disappointed.

Best Answer

Thanks for replying.

I understand that companies customise Android but usually respective changes apply to "skinning" only. The basic infrastructure should stay the same, otherwise all Android apps would have to specify device compatibility.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply.

I realise that the Ionic is not strong as a smart watch, but I'm not expecting much either. I don't want to be able to respond to message using the watch, etc.

However, I want more than just calendar notifications. I need to have a way to look ahead which entries are present for the current day.

I would also like to open an email (or WhatsApp message, or whatever) on the phone by initiating that on the watch. This small bit of functionality saves a lot of navigation using the phone to find the item.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,  same issue here.  Initially my P9Lite picked up the Charge2 and but then the firmware update was not successful.  I followed all the instructions to the letter.  Jumped through all the hoops - re-boots, on, off, re-install, over and over and over etc.  The Fitbit is useless without the app - it is an integral part of the product.  The app and Charge 2 are not pairing/syncing etc because the firmware does not download.  I have had two Fitbits, the last one the HR, both worked fine on the P9Lite.   Why on earth would I suspect that the Charge 2 would not work fine as well.  Fitbit cannot make it the purchaser's responsibility to magically just 'know' or 'suspect' to first check phone compatibility before buying a Fitbit.      Without the firmware update also no factory reset possible.  Now we have devices where we are reliant on the firmware to do a factory reset but we cannot do the firmware download, so no factory reset possible - huh?   I am extremely frustrated and disappointed.  I have checked countless reviews on the internet about the same problem.    The advice from Fitbit on these forums is useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent my fit bit back,don't like the idea that fit bit has that much control
they can tell which phone to connect with.Because Bluetooth is Bluetooth
Best Answer
Hi there, I have done the same. Returned the Fitbit. Thanks very much for
your response. Belinda
Best Answer

Hi Erickfitbit!

What's the status now for huawei P9 Lite?

Because, now it's already 2018 but i have the same problem with connecting my fitbit to my huawei P9 Lite as everyone else..

I really like to sync my fitbit with my phone, on a daily base.. 

I also would like to receive my notifications on my fitbit , what's not really possible at the moment. 

Kind regards!

Natalie

Best Answer

got 2 unsupported phones, Samsung Xcover3 VE (2016) and Huawei P9 Lite (2017) and 2 fitbits, Blaze and Charge 2. Both fitbits pairing with Samsung perfectly, but only Blaze is pairing with Huawei, Charge 2 does not. Both phones got Bluetooth 4.1 - so HW seem same. Samsung runs on android 6.0.1 MarshMallow, Huawei on android 7 Nougat. As far as I know, Huawei P9 lite (2016) got android 6 MarshMallow and following the discussion, they cannot pair with the Charge 2 too. So if the HW is the same, problem must be in android system modification by Huawei - it looks like the issues is in Fitbit application, not in HW. If this problem is known for couple of years so far, there should be some proper solution already. 

Best Answer
Fit bit will not allow the Huawei p9 lite to connect ,it's not the
phone.They will only allow phones they choose
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do notifications never work for the Huawei P9 / P9 Lite or is it a matter of notifications stopping to work after a while?

I have a Huawei P9 and had serious trouble with my Pebble until I figured out how to prevent the phone from being too aggressive about saving battery life.

I went to Settings | Apps and then pressed the "Settings" cog at the bottom. I then selected "Special access" (under "Advanced") and after that "Ignore optimisations". After finally selecting "All apps" (touch "Allowed") I could then locate the "Pebble" app and "allow" it to persist even when the phone wants to shut as many apps down in order to save battery.

See the following links as well:
http://www.androidandroidandroid.com/wp/2015/12/11/possible-pebble-time-disconnect-fix-for-the-nexus...

https://forums.pebble.com/t/random-disconnections-and-crashes-after-android-7-update/29328/55

Perhaps this will help someone to get their Ionic working with the P9 / P9 Lite. I hope so, as I'm interested in the Ionic in principle, but won't change my brilliant phone just because Fitbit is unwilling to make their watch compatible with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ErickFitbit on 3/27/2017 you wrote: "The Huawei P9 and P9 Lite have all the hardware requirements to be supported devices but are currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list."

The use of the word "yet" implies that your Android team was going to test these phones for compatibility. In three days, your message will be a year old.

Has anything happened?

If there are no plans to support Huawei phones, I'd prefer to know it, instead of being made to think that your Android team is looking into the matter, when it apparently is not.

Also, what I've seen on the Fitbit Ionic box implies general Android compatibility. If the Ionic only works with a select few phone models, this should be made clear on the packaging.

Best Answer
0 Votes