Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Perhaps we should be asking "can it be fixed?" before we ask "when will it be fixed?"

I don't know what the issue is but if it's a hardware incompatibility then it will not be fixed.

Best Answer

I ended up returning my FitBit christmas present because of it, the phone was new so obviously I'm not just going to buy a new one! So disappointed because the Huawei's the third most popular phone now or something so they're going to loose a lot of custom unless they do something soon!

Best Answer

@jenny_c2 wrote:

It seems that the Charge 2 uses the 4.0 LE bluetooth, whereas the P9 Lite uses the newer 4.1 version. I assume this is the root of the problem. Does anyone know whether this is a hardware issue, or a software issue? I.e. can it feasibly be fixed via updates, or would the two never work as they are because of hardware issues?

Bluetooth is designed to be fully backwards compatible, so BT 4.0 device should work fine with BT 4.1 phone.

Best Answer

This is, without a doubt, one of the most bizarre situations I've ever encountered.

As stated by previous commenters, Bluetooth is a standard and thus, the logic behind phone compatibilities is rather ridiculous.

Furthermore, the retailer I purchased this device from make exactly zero mention of said compatibility list, leaving me flabbergasted when it refused to sync with my phone.

As such, I will need to return this and will likely never return to fitbit again, owed to the inconvenience, disatisfaction and their downright incompetence.

Best Answer

Is Fitbit actively looking into this problem with the P9 Lite? As others have mentioned, this have been going on for months. We need to know if this is being worked on or if we should move on to another phone/fitness tracker.

Best Answer

Any news on this? 

Meaningful news, not the standard answering machine. 

We need to know if this problem is at least considered!!! 

Otherwise I'll just move to some Garmin tracker.. 

Best Answer

I just replaced my 4 yr old One with the Charge 2 - I didn't think to check compatibility either as it didn't say anything on the box and assumed this kind of issue would be a thing of the past.

Please tell me I don't have to take it back and get the Garmin?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, once fitbit corrects the problem and the P9 is supported how will we know.  Is there some way to register for an email or notification?

Best Answer

Fit bit charge 2 is not compatible with several phones including huawei p9 lite.

Although they don't tell customers this!

Take my advice get a refund on your fit bit.

Buy another brand.

Fit bit will NOT be sorting these 'known' Bluetooth compatibility issues out in the near future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Madmax999 wrote:

Fit bit will NOT be sorting these 'known' Bluetooth compatibility issues out in the near future.

That's some insider info? How do you know?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because this issue  was first raised in this post on 1st October 2016, fair to say nearly 4 months is plenty of time for fit bit to resolve the issues or at very least made a statement on it. But no silence, therfore my advice to other disappointed customers is to get a refund while you still can. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've always had excellent customer service from Fitbit over the years.

We might think its a simple process, but I doubt fitbit is deliberately restricting it's own market.  

Perhaps a Moderator can request an update from tech support confirming the issue with the P9 lite is on the to-do list and we can stop nagging??

Best Answer
Comparably, the service I've received has been rather lacklustre.

Further to this, the past FOUR posts I have made on an alternative thread
denoting the incompatibility between the Charge 2 and Huawei P9 Lite have
been removed.

Apparently, it must conflict with their remarkable business plan, wherein
they sell devices without making compatibility issues apparent.

I honestly have nothing against FitBit, hell if anything I was impressed by
them, hence the purchase.

However, I certainly feel like a cheated consumer.
Best Answer

Well now that sucks!

Maybe they've changed in the last year since I lost interest in my fitbit one.

I've only just taken mine out of the box so I may well head back to the store for a garmin instead.

We'll see if I get a decent answer or not

Best Answer
0 Votes

People have been waiting for a decent answer for nearly 4 months............don't hold your breath

Best Answer
0 Votes

The engineers do not directly monitor these forums.  The moderators do feed back to the engineering team, but the moderators will almost certainly not be able to provide anything more definitive than this issue is being considered/looked at/worked on, etc.  

If it is a software issue, given the popularity of the phone, I think it is safe to assume that compatibility is being worked on and will be sorted out as soon as the team can.  I am not certain, however, that anyone reading this is very clear on what the problem is, and therefore we don't know if it can be solved or not for any particular device.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

my point exactly.  If a Moderator can confirm its on the list of things to do and can assure us that the engineers are aware of and are working on the issue I'm happy.

but if they're not planning to fix - which is cool too - I just need to know so I can go to garmin or somewhere else

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's me done guys.

I got a refund from Amazon on my fit bit charge 2, not wasting my time reading this rubbish anymore, cancelling my fit bit community account

Good bye and good luck to you all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately although moderators can confirm bug fixes are being worked on, generally speaking they can't confirm what specific enhancements or improvements or new features are being worked on.  On these matters I am pretty sure they do not know any more than general users know.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yeah I also took my Fitbit just out of the box, was really disappointed to see (after trying to get it connected to my phone forever) that my Huawei P9 lite was not supported. I already asked for a refund at my online reatiler, so I might also just ship it back in a couple of days, while I'm awaiting an answer from Fitbit customer support on Twitter.

Fitbit needs to give us clarity on when they expect to add the Huawei P9 lite to its supported devices list! It's so frustrating they didn't make it clear enough that you need to check this list first. I'm sure this'll backfire for them.

Does anyone know any good alternatives that DO support the Huawei P9 lite?

I've been looking at the Garmin trackers, the Samsung Gear Fit, but none of them support the Huawei P9 lite either. Huawei has its own activity tracker, but it's really expensive and not tha tgreat either.

Best Answer
0 Votes