Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Just purchased two of these.

One for my P9 and my partner's P9 Lite.

Wish I had looked at this forum first, but I assumed such a popular device would work on ALL Android phones, how wrong!

No problem setting it up on my P9, however my partner's Lite found the Fitbit but wouldn't pair with it. On her phone she can't find and Charge 2 devices, mine find mine. 

Is there any talk from Fitbit about when the Lite will be supported?

If not, we will return her one bitterly disappointed!

Best Answer

Unfortunately you join the ever growing club of disappointed and frustrated P9 lite users 😞

Best Answer

So, how is it possible that my tracker can't sync with my phone?

Huawei is a large provider, so it fitbit.

When is this about to change?!!

Best Answer

Response from Fitbit on my email. 

We're sorry to hear that the Huawei P9 Lite is not yet compatible with the Fitbit App.

Our engineering team is already working, so that more new mobile phones or devices will be compatible for our application. For now what we can recommend is to set up the tracker to other device which is already compatible with the app. We're sorry for the inconvenience and hope you understand the situation.Please don't hesitate to ask if you have additional questions.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Thanks for posting fit bit response fonzie

I am not wasting any more time on fit bit

I am sending mine back to Amazon for full refund

Not touching another fit bit 

One lost customer...

Best Answer

Wish I could do the same. 

Bought a new phone in December and now I have to deal with this bs.  

The alternative they advise is the best part: "use another device" 

I'm sorry if a have a new phone from the 3rd biggest mobile makers in the world.. What's the point on syncing in my laptop once a day? Duh. 

Best Answer

I fully understand mate

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep pushing will help. When we stop complainen it is to easy.for Fitbit. We paid a lot for their product and we want a good working product for it. Maybe going to the media will help.

Best Answer

Yep, maybe some noise on social media will help... it's incredible it doesn't work with such a popular phone. Their specs & requirements are misleading, they must say "compatible with SOME Android devices, check the compatibility list BEFORE buying".

Best Answer
I now bought the garim hr works perfectly !! So if you are looking for an alternative buy this one. Has more functions and is cheaper

Cheers Matthijs

Outlook voor Android downloaden
Best Answer

Hi there @HanneDB, Its nice you have joined to our Fitbit Community. There are several mobile devices that are being tested by our teams to guarantee all features and functions of the app and tracker work properly; as to provide a wider option to sync with mobile devices.

Nowadays almost all mobile phones share some core specifications that make possible to work with the Fitbit app despite the device in question is not listed as compatible, although in these instances we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly. However if you are experiencing syncing issues it wont hurt to try the following suggestions: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Thank you for your feedback and to see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added and stay tune to our Community or social media for upcoming news.

Catch ya later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Flex 2 last night and only this morning, after countless attempts at setting it up with my Huawi P9 Lite, have I discovered my model of mobile is not supported with Fitbit. After (what I thought was extensive) research as to which activity tracker would suit my needs best, I am absolutely gutted that I'll have to return it to the shop. No other activity tracker looks as nice, as small, as waterproof, as accessorizable, as the Flex 2. Why on earth can't Fitbit make this a compatible device, surely it's not that hard?!

Best Answer
I hear you abeccy. I have an Alta, same phone as you, which is new, and I
like it, and it's not supported!
Best Answer

I have seen comments on the fact that the fitbit flex 2does not synchronise with this phone dating back 10 months. Fitbit'ss  response is not specific about when this may be available - therefore, I feel I should return the fitbit as unusable. Can you offer me any assurance that this will work within the very near future??

Best Answer

I think if fitbit would have been able to do that they would have by now. If your return window is limited I would return it while you can.

Best Answer

It seems that the Charge 2 uses the 4.0 LE bluetooth, whereas the P9 Lite uses the newer 4.1 version. I assume this is the root of the problem. Does anyone know whether this is a hardware issue, or a software issue? I.e. can it feasibly be fixed via updates, or would the two never work as they are because of hardware issues?

Best Answer

Go buy a samsung gear fit 2, it works like a charm. Functions and screen are awesome

Best Answer
Hi Jenny,

The P9 full version uses Bluetooth 4.2, which is even newer and all the sync and notifications work fine with Fitbit charge2 and Alta.

Agus
Best Answer
0 Votes

So Im working with these products. Im selling fitbits at my job and I har no idea this things wont work for new phones. So I am gonna tell the truth to folk , that im not recomend this stupid produkt. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I agree with you... for several reason I had to swap from windows mobile to P9 Lite, and I cannot use anymore my flex2...

It's no sense to say : "go back to win"...

The most important is your question: When is going to be available the update?

Thanks

Flex 2 - Windows 10, Android
Best Answer
0 Votes