Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

@Madmax999 wrote:

Frustratingly the fitbit charge 2 works with the huawei P9 but NOT with the huawei P9 lite.

Go figure? 

That could also suggest that the issue is hardware related and if this is the case then it won't be fixed. I know the iPhone 4 is not on the list and doesn't work because of the version of the bluetooth chip. This was changed with the 4S which works fine. 

I don't know what the problem with the P9 Lite is, I'm just wondering if it is right to expect it to be fixed.

Best Answer

My understanding is that unlike iOS or Windows, there are many different "flavours" of Android, even within the same level of the OS, and specific phones can vary quite significantly in the way the OS is implemented.  It is therefore a non trivial operation to get every phone supported.  That may be the explanation why the P9 works and the P9 lite does not.

I assume Fitbit prioritises based on most popular models, but as the models change so frequently I suppose they will always be playing catch up to some extent.

Also, as you note, many phones not on the list do actually work.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yes, it may just as well be hardware related, and that is probably more difficult or even impossible for Fitbit to fix.

But I do expect them to comment and tell us what the problem really is when an issue has been reported. As a paying customer I do not expect or accept silence!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@throndr wrote:

Yes, it may just as well be hardware related, and that is probably more difficult or even impossible for Fitbit to fix.

But I do expect them to comment and tell us what the problem really is when an issue has been reported. As a paying customer I do not expect or accept silence!

I don't want to defend fitbit here as this thread doesn't seem to have been managed that well but if a phone is not on the list of supported devices then is it reasonable to expect this to be addressed? 

If a phone that is on the list didn't work then that would indeed be an issue that ought to be addressed. But if a phone is said to not work, and it doesn't, is that really an issue or is it just unfortunate?

Best Answer

@throndr, the engineers (who know, if anyone does) do not comment on or actively monitor these forums.  The moderators do, of course, but they are not engineers and probably do not have the expertise to comment on what the exact problem may be or when or if a "fix" can be expected.

Also Fitbit never announces its future plans/ upgrades until they are ready to be released, so I don't think you are going to get a more satisfactory answer than "new phones are added to the list all the time".

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I will watch this thread, I have until 31st January to return my fitbit charge 2 to Amazon for a full refund.

Just hoping something might happen in next 3 weeks, but not holding my breath.

Best Answer

I have P8 GRA-UL00. My one couldn't get notification also has and bluetooth connection problem. However, Blaze(Classic), controling the music app is working well.

Please solve this problem as soon as possible. Because I spent whole a day for solving this problem. Erasing, Installing App again and again..

I am looking forward to get reply sooner. Thanks

Best Answer

I wouldn't hope for any support. Myself and many other BLAZE users have encouraged the same issue with P8 long time ago. Since then nothing has been done/fixed. 

Return your BLAZE or change your smartphone, this is probably the best option as so far. 

Regards

Best Answer

\\\Looks like im going to have to find the packaging and return min as I also have a Hauwei P9 which is new and cant get this thing to sync.

Best Answer

I see here that I'm not the only one with a Huawei P9 lite phone, this week I decided to get the new Flex 2 as soon as I got it, pretty much the same problems. After I see the problem go on these forms and low and behold the newest Huawei phone are not there :'( 

So what do we do now? And how long till the new software comes out to be able to connect with the Huawei newest phones?

P.S I do not have the latest computer that has Bluetooth so just in case you ask.

Best Answer

I just bought a new P9 lite and for my surprise fitbit is not working. 

This is the first time in my life I see the newer devices not being supported instead of the really old ones. 

It just shows the level of amadorism of your engineering solution. Bluetooth is meant to be a standard protocol, have you seen any phone having trouble to connect to another? Also I'm pretty sure the different flavours you refer are not impacting with the phone's basic functionalities, after all they are all android devices. I could understand if you needed to release a patch for new Android version if there was a breaking change.. Seeing that fitbit is so device dependent (not even brand dependent) is embarrassing and shows how poorly arquitected your solution is. Think how much money have you wasted on doing these hot fixes. Maybe it's time to redesign the whole thing. 

And don't give me the fitbit is special bs, there are a lot of apps/devices that use Bluetooth and location services and manage to support all Android versions with close to no effort. 

If I knew this before I would just spend my 80 pounds in the competition. 

Best Answer

Huawei is the #3 biggest phone manufacturer in 2016 and you still fail to support their new models.

This is a joke! Even P9 model (very popular at the moment) took months to be supported.

This is the list:

Honor 3C, Honor 3X, Honor 6, P8, P7, Mate 7...

Really? Honor 5C is out, you missed Honor 7 and Honor 8.. Two versions behind.

Is P9 lite support even in the roadmap??

Best Answer

Sure. With 2 versions behind ahah.

Where is Honor 4c and 5c? Honor 7, 8...? Even P9 is not supported. 

Honor 7 for ex. was released in July 2015... Are you planning to support devices with 1.5 years of delay?

What the hell are you doing in the development team? Was not expecting so much amadorism from a well known company like you.

Best Answer

I'm the exact same, got a FitBit Flex2 with great intentions for the new year but it won't sync to my Huawei P9. Kind of mad because it'd be handy to keep track of your fitness throughout the day - which you should be able to do by looking at your phone which your band's synced to...Yeah, I'm leaving it back if nothing can be done - absolutely no point in keeping it 😞 Shocked that the Hauwei makers over-looked this!

Best Answer

My wife is now using her old sub £10 device from amazon which tracks steps, receives messages perfectly well on her P9 lite. Ridiculous that top of the range £120 fit bit won't Work! 

Best Answer

The worst thing is the response you get from Fitbit to keep checking the supported devices list. What would be better is an indication of whether a solution was even being worked on. Perhaps something like a current projects list.

Best Answer

@krr13 - exactly right!  Why can't they let us know an estimated build date or if they ever intend to support this device.  If they don't plan to we can ask for a refund; if they do, we can wait expectantly.  Saying nothing is unacceptable, IMHO

Best Answer

I have just sent fitbit again an email that they should take concern of this topic and that they have to inform us what and when they take action to solve this problem.

Best Answer

Huawei will be third largest player after apple and Samsung.  Dont miss out on a massive market fit bit 

Best Answer

@Fonzie wrote:

I have just sent fitbit again an email that they should take concern of this topic and that they have to inform us what and when they take action to solve this problem.

Thank you. I'm sure we'd all like an update. I'm yet to be convinced that the problem can be solved. Hopefully that much can be confirmed at least.

Best Answer