Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

@Francesca18  Fitbit doesn't state when phones will be added to the list of compatible devices.  All you can do is check the website https://www.fitbit.com/devices.  They do add phones as they have them tested.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Hi I gave up with Fitbit and got a garmin Visio it works fine with the p9
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Flojo_Kitty,

You confirm that Garmin Vivosmart is working (pairing, syncing and so on) with Huawei P9?

Right now i even lost the pairing of my Alta with my MAC BOOK, and can't even pair it back. MEaning that right now, my Alta is even more useless than it was !

I'm really sick of this, it is not normal to wait like 8months for nothing, not even a small update like "ok guys we're corking on it, it's coming by the end of the year, be patient it worth it" NOOOO just screw you huawei users, we only take care of our elite apple clients. 

Bye bye Fitbit, it is really a shame !!

Best Answer

Hi there @Rowdon, good to see you around and I'm sorry for all the inconveniences you have experienced with your Charge 2. 

By reading your post, the P8 Lite 3 phone still is not listed as a compatible device and we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly on a device it has not been fully tested.

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices. If your device isn't listed, you can check the link at a later date to see if device support has been added or to review if your wife's mobile device is compatible.

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience. See you around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I receive my Charge 2 for christmas but it is impossible to connect to my P9 Lite.

I am very sad, I thought use notifications push 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

holy **ahem** i am so salty after finding out this phone is not supported, what kind of **ahem** comapany makes a worldwide useable device that doesnt support one of the best selling phones? going to return this **ahem** thing tomorrow and boycotting fitbit. **ahem** this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Can we, as huawei P9 lite users, expect an update so the fitbit will actually work with this type of phone ?

If yes, when will the fix be released ?

If no, please let us know.

Thank you

Best Answer

Both myself and wife have the P9 Lite phones, which are excellent. 

Bought a fitbit charge 2 only to find on Christmas day it is not compatible with the P9 Lite. 

Very disappointed. I have no alternative but to return the fitbit for a full refund. 

Anyone suggest an alternative that does work with P9 lite.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Does Fitbit actually read this topic ?

Not customer minded this way.

Completely no response from Fitbit.

Sad but True !!!!

Best Answer

Any update?

Thanks for the info,

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dani77

I don't work for Fitbit, so can't comment. But, so far, nothing apart from banal replies from the moderators. They can't help us though, so no criticism of them... 

Fitbit themselves are saying nothing... And as it's been going on for 3 months so far, I'm not very hopeful.

Cheers 

Graham

Best Answer

Hi, until fit bit sort this out is there a similar product elsewhere that works with the P9 lite. One disappointed wife atm.

Thanks

Best Answer

Just to say that I have a Fitbit Zip and it is now working with my Huawei lite. So there's hope!

Best Answer

I do not agree with you Graham.

They are our entrance for and to other disciplines within Fitbit.

They are the persons to notice that this should be given a higher priority. So they should escalate this as repetitive incidents and make this a problem. Then it will given the right priority. So people must be given their issues contineously as a problem to Fitbit. When not ... then Fitbit can and will say .... "What issues ?"

Another point, you say very often that you don't work for Fitbit. That is getting suspicious.

Best Answer

I agree with you on the point that the moderators are our only access point to Fitbit, and I sincerely hope that they convey our issues to development. However, I have earlier commented on the way Fitbit are updating their compatiblity list. I cannot understand why different phone models that are using the same OS version are behaving differently, and why some are on the compatibility list and some are not. Why is it not possible to connect all phones using the same OS version to a specific Fitbit device? Why cannot all phones using Android 6.0 connect to a Charge 2 for instance? Are there other specific software elements that are critical?

Best Answer

Thx, i also agree with your vision

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a charge 2 for Christmas and have a p9 lite I'm so disappointed. Fingers crossed fitbit pull the finger out and sort it. I am going to email there customer service not expecting anything directly to come  of it but the more disappointed customers hopefully will put some pressure on to update the app. 

Best Answer

Does anyone understand the process involved here?

My phone (a Moto G4 Play) is not on the supported list yet seems to be working fine so that suggests to me that getting on the list is just a matter of Fitbit confirming that it works ok. 

But what happens when a phone is not on the list and, as in the case with this thread, it doesn't work. What needs to happen? Does Fitbit have to change code or Huawei or does some agreement between the two have to happen. Or is just a case of if it doesn't work for any reason then it will never work.

Whilst I understand the frustration shared in this thread, is there really any prospect of things changing?

Best Answer

Frustratingly the fitbit charge 2 works with the huawei P9 but NOT with the huawei P9 lite.

Go figure? 

Best Answer
Well, I think it's to do with the Android version. My colleague has a
OneplusTwo with Cryanogen OS, and it's not technically supported. However,
everything works perfectly.

One of the guys in the thread debugged the issue down to a couple of OS
files. Perhaps we need an update from Huawei to make it work?

Regards,

Graham
Best Answer
0 Votes