Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

also voted.

Best Answer

yes but you had to spend other money just to sync it to a pc (and you need a fitbit bluetooth because i've another kind one and it doesn't work). Charge 2 is one of the few fitbit that not have a bluetooth USB in the equipment...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I face same situation in Japan and have P9 lite and bought charge2.  But it cannot be connected.

I understand that engineer takes many effort for configuration(development) to suit individual mobile devices and also they need to validate during development work.

But, I feel very disappointed that it is taking very very long time.

At last, fitbit employee received this concern from customer on Oct 1st as this thread.

And also, fitbit employee always says same negative comment for users.

- P9 Lite is not in support list.

- You can connect through windows PC (despite that dongle is not packed with charge2.)

- We don't think that it does not take long time.(Already two months were passed)

- We don't know a schedule for start of support.

Surely, every answers follow the manual, I think. But everything actually don't have means and not informative information for customer.

We really would like to know your plan(50-80% accuracy) for support timing.

I understand that my every comments above are very bitter one.

But, I really hope that our customer voice will be effectively utilised in manufacturer.

Thanks,

Best Answer

Thanks for voting @Francoisdp82

@Pam89, glad to see you here! The new Fitbit, the ones released this year, don't include a Dongle because we are aware that most of the users use a mobile device to set up/sync their trackers. In the meantime, I would like you to double check the instructions on this post to pair your Charge 2 with a computer. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Shouldn't it be enough to specify supported OS (and maybe Bluetooth) version? Why the need to go down on hardware and phone level? If a phone uses an OS and Bluetooth version that you support, the phone hardware itself should be irrelevant. Why is it not?

Best Answer

This is realy bad ............ such a popular smartphone not on the Hardware Compatibility List. I hope that Fitbit takes this realy serious.... on my Huawei Y635 it worked but not perfect. On the P9 Lite i should think this should be work. When can we expect a working driver (update) to fix this !!

Best Answer

I am very confused. I received for chrismas this nice Fitbit charge 2 and I cannot use it. I have the P9 lite, I also tried on my IPad and with the Samsung A5 of my girlfriend and it doesn't work with all these devices!!! 

Best Answer

When will fitbit keep it's promise and finally make Huawei P9 lite compatible? I am really disappointed by the service

Best Answer

Helaas, Werkt Niet bij mij

Best Answer
0 Votes

Helaas, niet bij mij

Best Answer

bij mij ook niet......

kort samengevat:

Having the same problem over here. Just got one for christmas but not working...

1. First it would not connect to my huawei P9 lite but than found out it is not supported....  It is a very common phone? 

2.Tryed to connect it to my windows 10 computer with bluetoots 4.0 but the same problem. Very frustrating and going to retrurn it to the store..... 

Best Answer

So disapointed...

The problem isn't solved at this time, in one year. What are you doing ?

Unusable gift, will be returned, 

Bad reputation incoming for fitbit...

Best Answer

Got gifted a Charge 2 and same problem with P9. Never heard of a Bluetooth device working with specific devices only before. Is there an expected release date for the software update? Even so I think I'll just return it, this thread is two months old and support are cheerfully giving zero useful information.

Best Answer

Just had a chat with the customer service who really tried to help me but no results. They say their working on it but. But it is pritty vague... I work alot with bluetooth my self (devolping a tennissensor with bluetooth). And it should not be that big of a deal. But my advice for now is just return the product beceause they do not give you any guarantees....

Best Answer

Got the charge 2 for Christmas as a gift but unfortunately can not get it to work with my p9 lite either. As this forum has been live for months with no answers it will have to be returned. Very very disappointing was really looking forward to using it.

Best Answer

Sad, but accurate. The Charge 2 still won't connect to the phone, but I do sync it with my pc, though it needed a Bluetooth v4 dongle of Amazon to get it to work. I'm still hopeful that the team can get it working though which is why I've kept it for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After hours of trying to figure it out, I did it!!

The problem has been the creators of fitbit themselves. I'm taking the bloody thing back to the shop and getting something decent that does connect and work with something other than an iPhone.

Sort your out Fitbit!

And before any moderators reply with a solution;

Reset Alta twice

Reset P8 Lite 3 times

Reinstalled app twice

I'm running on android 6.0, latest version.

Oh and my wife has a Charge 2... Same problem!

Goodbye

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Fitbit F'd up... Returning both mine and my wifes later and getting something decent.

Best Answer

I have just bought an Alta. Had I read this thread I would not have bought it. Any update on when the p9 will be on the list of supported device? Please let me know asap otherwise I will have to return it. By the way, the p9 is one of the most sold smartphones on the European market. How is it that you have not yet work to support it?!??

Best Answer

Hi all. I have just bought an Alta. Unfortunately I have a Huawei p9 lite. Had I read the threads on this blog probably I would not have bought it. Any update on when the p9 will be on the list of supported device? Please let me know asap otherwise I will have to return it as I am still in time. By the way, the p9 lite is one of the most sold smartphones on the European market. How is it that you have not yet work to support it?!?? It is really in your interest!

Best Answer