Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

Thanks for the information @Bohusko. Regarding the notifications inconvenience, I recommend checking and following @MarreFitbit's instructions in the My tracker isn't receiving notifications (Android Fitbit app) post. Now about the music control, follow these steps:

• On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Surge (Classic) is connected. If you no longer see Surge (Classic) on the list, you need to set it up music control again.
  • Confirm that your mobile device is within about 20 feet of your Surge.
  • In the settings on your Surge, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your mobile device.

If you keep having problems, feel free to contact our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello to All.

It looks like i have just put myself into exaclty same issue as you guys. I have checked compatability with my P8 and simply bought the blaze. It seems like it has connection with the phone via the app, i can also control music player, However the very vital feature does not work, lack of notification. When it attempts to send test noti. phone says check and restart bluetooth....

I am very disapointed at this stage the issue should be solved Man Sad

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have just been given a Charge 2 as a gift but cannot connect it to my Huawei P9 lite despite going through all the setup tricks. Is this likely to be fixed or do I need to give the gift back?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

Well, the P9 lite is not on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices so it doesn't look good.

However, this only means that it hasn't been proven to work, not that it definitely doesn't. Hopefully someone with a P9 will be able to confirm either way.

Best Answer

My phone is Huawei Mate 8. It is not on the list either. But the Fitbit app works on my phone.

Best Answer

I also have a Huawei P9 lite, and I also do not manage to make it work together with the Charge 2. It is however no problem with my previous android Huawei G6 Ascend. I am not going to carry 2 mobile phones around. So, same question as Graham: is it going to be fixed?

Best Answer

Latest update:

I managed to dig out of the drawer my old Samsumg S3, charged it, and it connected straight away to the Charge 2, so I can actually use the thing now.  The firmware has updated twice and last evening it 'saw' the P9 for the first time and gave it a bluetooth code (twice), however, the device still won't sync.  Hopefully, by using the old phone, I can wait until Fitbit produces another firmware update to see the P9.

Till then, update once a day to the old phone once I get home from work...

Best Answer

the good news didn't last long... Smiley Frustrated

After the firmware update, the Charge 2 won't sync with the old Samsung Galaxy either.  This is awful.  

I reinstalled the app, restarted the phone (multiple times), tried the replace the device - no success with any of it.  

Is it always this painful to try measure my fitness level??

Best Answer
Hi all,
I experienced the same issue, my charge 2 does not connect to my P9 lite smartphone. Does anyone know when we can expect an update or do I better bring my charge back to the store?

I am actually very shocked that a big brand like fitbit is not managing to keep their android app compatible with any latest android phone. Or can we download additional software on our mobile phone to make the connection work?

Many thanks,
Eline
Best Answer

I've got the same problem with a Huawei Honor 7 Lite running Android 6.0. It has worked fine with an old Fitbit Charge, but I cannot get a new Charge 2 to connect. It tries and tries and ends up with "Bluetooth issues". Connecting and setting up the Charge 2 to a PC using the Fitbit dongle worked fine, but not with the phone. I don't know where to look or what to do, every restart and reset trick I have read about has been tried. Anyone else got any bright ideas?

Best Answer

Hey guys, how are you today? 

@GrahamS1@jpcpinto and @Eline_, by now, there isn't an specific date for the Huawei P9 Lite to be on the list of compatible devices as my friend @SteveH mentioned, although I wish that Fitbit developers make it possible as soon as they can since I also have that model and I'm excited to start using my Fitbit with that phone. Smiley Wink I suggest you to keep an eye on this, and periodically try to set it up your Fitbit, 'cause it may be working at any time. 

The same to you @wasistdas, the Huawei Mate 8 isn't on the list of compatible devices yet, but as I mentioned above, keep an eye on it, and try to set it up/sync your Fitbit with that phone. 

@throndr, so your Huawei Honor 7 is not syncing with your Charge 2 but it was doing it fine with your Charge, right? Let me suggest you a couple of things: 

- Log out from your Fitbit app and then log back in

- Reboot the Bluetooth on your phone 

- Follow the instructions on this post to set it up your Fitbit

Let me know the outcome guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Like everyone else here I too cannot get messages, call notification etc. BUT I can control music.. Big Whoop!

My model is the ALE-L02 and as this issue has been going on for months now, I doubt Fitbit can do anything about it!  My husband has the same phone and issues, as does a neighbour and, I suspect, a LOT of Huawei owners will too. Mine has an added issue with one of the new clock faces bringing up a 'clock error', but it's a minor issue when I can't get the notifications I was told I could.

The ONLY solution is to live with the fact that our fitbits are not compatable, and after all this time they probably never will be. Perhaps IF Fitbit realise what massive sellers these phones are they might do something about it, we are up there with the biggest sellers, all of which can connect 100%. It's a shame that we could buy almost any other phone without issue.

Best Answer

Same here. Huawei P8 no notifications. Music control works fine but the screen is blinking, connection is kind of unstable.

I have contacted support. Let's see

Best Answer

Hi all,

I recently changed to a Huawei P9 Lite (previously I had the P8 Lite which was working just fine in terms of syncing with my Fitbit Alta). Now neither bluetooth sync or phone notification are working at all.

My partner has the P9 full version so I tried installing the app in that phone and I can confirm that my tracker works just fine for the P9. You wouldn't have expected such a massive difference between both phones.

It would be great it Fitbit could fix the issues with the P9 Lite as now it feels like I spent a lot of money on a tracker that is not really tracking  anything...

Best,

Agus

Best Answer
It seems that I have a defective device as it doesn't work with Windows 10 and a Bluetooth v4 dongle, so there is a replacement on its way. Hopefully, I can give some better news soon... However, it's not likely to connect to the p9 although a friend has his working with a OneplusThree out of the box....
Best Answer

Hey @Agus, I hope you are doin' great! Cat Very Happy So, did you try to set it up/sync your Charge 2 with the Huawei P9 (the normal version) and it is syncing properly? If that is the case, sounds great! That means that in the near future, the P9 can be compatible. 

@GrahamS1, sounds pretty bad that your previous tracker wasn't syncing with your Windows 10 computer, but it is cool that Fitbit Support helped you out with this and will send you a replacement. Let me know if you need help with it. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

The good news - the new Charge 2 arrived today, was found and sync'd immediately to the Windows 10 machine!

Sadly, the P9 won't see the new one either so I'll have to wait to benefit from the on-the-go updates.

Now looking forward to measuring my fitness  

Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Graham

Best Answer

That sounds pretty great @GrahamS1! I'm sure that you will really enjoy the experience with the Charge 2; it's features and it's accuracy as me and many other users are.Smiley Happy The only bad thing is that we can't use our Huawei P9 Lite with the Fitbit trackers yet. Smiley Sad But don't worry, the developers will add this device as soon as they can, so just stay tuned for new updates! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
Hey guys at Fitbit!
Any ideas on when the Huawei P9 and P9 lite will be supported to use our Fitbits? I'm here stuck with the one I bought without being able to sinc it. It is so disappointing that you guys don't keep up with newer phones. It is usually older devices that lose support in the tech world but a brand new one not being supported?? From Huawei?
Best Answer

I also am battling with the same issue have you solved the problem or should I return mine?

Best Answer