Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons not registering when goal is reached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I used to love my FitBit.   Now it seems to be messing up more and more.

My latest - I have a 4 mile goal.  That is listed correctly on my app, dashboard and device.

Yesterday I walked 5 miles and it shows the right distance but doesn't make the mileage icon complete.

Also - suddenly the steps take up 2 lines on my app when I go over 9999.  What the heck?

Any advise - I've already done all the restarting, uninstalled and reinstalled.....

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Thanks, I have been lead a merry dance with the fitbit support, lots of being told to redo everything I have already done to try and fix it.

But ... you guessed it nothing works and their parting shot was monitor it and let them know how I get on.  Madness.  I think I will go back to 'polar' never had a problem with their stuff. Shame I quite like fitbit apart from that, but distance measurement is a big thing for me.

Anyway rant over.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dat465 this is a programming issue with the app/website. It took me a while, but someone from fitbit finally admitted they were aware of the issue. They have been made aware since at least March. It astounds me that they make users go through so many steps to attempt to fix something that can only be fixed on their end. Only the web/app developer can fix it with an update. 

1)Fitbit should make it public that this is a known issue. 2) They should communicate to users that they are actively trying to fix it. 3) Most importantly, I hope they would communicate this information to support so users do not have to go through all the useless troubleshooting. Support should be able to immediately convey the messages of 1 and 2 and simply be able to update user of any progress made towards the solution. 

Also, as someone who does programming, this is the most ridiculous problem. They are having a basic conversion issue between miles and kilometers. It should be the quickest fix......not almost a year of complaints with no help from support. 

Best Answer

I did exactly what you said and it fixed the problem! Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! I was getting so annoyed it wasn't filling all the circles when I completed my goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed this back in January, using the dashboard. Now, the problem is back and the same bug fix isn't working! Fitbit needs to do something about this! This issue has lingered for OVER A YEAR! Come on FitBit! This should be very simple to do on your end... 🤷🏾‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer

Annoying indeed and it's been like this for a long time.  Its not a matter of you hitting your mileage per se or whether you are tracking miles vs. km, but when you do hit your goal and you are tracking in miles, it isn't displaying because although you are tracking using miles, the display has to be filling in the circle based on the km value as it is always lagging behind.  Agreed, should be an easy programming fix - if miles display this else (km) display this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked, thank you!

Best Answer

I agree.  Service levels have deteriorated.  I often exceed my daily goals, but the star is missing showing that I achieved the goal.  I have maxed out in several categories (e.g. Lifetime Miles) but Fitbit said they will not add new levels.  I tried using the online chat feature from the website, but it was often a broken link that went no where.  After over 5 years I m giving up on FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just want you to know that this trick is what worked to fix it for me, so thank you so much!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This absolutely worked!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and have been since the update. Nothing works changed miles to kilometres and back. It drives me up the wall!! It's been going on for so long with no fix!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes