Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate & Fluctuating Steps Total for Community Friends

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The steps shown for my friends keeps changing from all being increased by 6,000 or some other value then later decreased by 6,000. For instance, I started the day with ~93,000, completed ~22,000 for Today stats which put me in the lead at 115,000 @11:50pm. The next morning (12:01am), I was back to 93,000 and the 2nd place person had gone from 114,000 to 107,000. I'm very tired of all the multiple updates to fix software bugs and this week's crash. I'm using a Google Pixel 3XL & Versa 2. I have reset & powered off the watch. I'm going to force the app to stop, clear cache, and if necessary uninstall & reinstall the app. This will be the 2nd time this week I've had to do this. And the app doesn't save your settings for Weather, Agenda, and Messages. So time consuming, I almost want to just request a refund, so I can buy another brand's fitness watch. This is my 3rd Versa watch in less than 2 years - there's always an issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The friends tile shows the steps taken so far today plus the steps for the previous 6 days. Once you have logged at least a week of data the total will always go down at midnight as it deletes the oldest day's data to make room for the new day.

Would this account for what you are seeing?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The friends tile shows the steps taken so far today plus the steps for the previous 6 days. Once you have logged at least a week of data the total will always go down at midnight as it deletes the oldest day's data to make room for the new day.

Would this account for what you are seeing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH   

Thank you, Steve. Yes, I tallied up my steps for the past 6 days and the total for my tile is accurate thus reflecting what I am experiencing. I've been leading in steps for months, so 2 things of the  following 3 are possible: 1) the 'new' community friend leader in steps hasn't synced yet, 2) that friend has really upped their activity for the week or 3) I might need to increase my activity to regain my lead. (I think #2 & #3 are the correct answers.😄) We are a very competitive group. Notable that that same person sent me a screenshot of a workweek hustle (with others) where they were leading at Day 3, but their steps were lower than mine at that time. Of course, they didn't invite me to join and they quit a challenge I was in. And I didn't 'watch' their friend's tile.😉 I typically beat that friend in 99% of the challenges we've had to date! Thanks again for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes