Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect distance calculation after pause.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I think the method for pausing and then resuming a run isn't quite right.  To prepare for a run recently, I connected my Blaze to my phone (Huawei P9/Android 6), but accidentally pressed "start".  I immediately paused the run, but did not stop it.  I warmed up by walking for ½ km, and then started the run on my Blaze.  The time was recorded correctly, ignoring the paused period, but the distance covered was recorded as being all the distance, including the paused part (in a straight line, ignoring the path actually taken, while paused).  Is this by design, or should the start and end locations also be affected by pausing and the distance covered while paused also ignored?  The average pace is miscalculated for the whole run because of this (as would the stride length if that worked).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I believe it's in the app.  Here's a lengthy thread about it. The first post by the Moderator is the latest info I know of.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/MobileRun-missing-data-after-pausing-Android-2-43/td-p/2...

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

There is a known issue that using pause causes the GPS-connected map not to get transferred. It sounds like this is a slight variant of this if you did actually get the map,  but until the issue gets fixed, it is better to just avoid using pause.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  Do you know if it is a problem with the app, or the Blaze?  If the app, is there a development timetable for bug fixes and improvements?  I've reverted to Runkeeper to track my runs, but it doesn't seem to pull or push much information to and from the fitbit site - it's all a bit disjointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe it's in the app.  Here's a lengthy thread about it. The first post by the Moderator is the latest info I know of.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/MobileRun-missing-data-after-pausing-Android-2-43/td-p/2...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I expect the problem is linked to the thread you posted, as I can't find the map, although I'm certain it was there as I finished the run.  I also experienced the app telling me that I'd done 1km in 3 or so minutes while I was running...well beyond my capabilities!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's it. You see the map when you finish but it does not get transferred to the database to view later.

Best Answer
0 Votes