Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Not Syncing/Pairing To Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anybody have a problem with their FitBit syncing and now pairing to Android phones...

My Ionic had failed to sync for about a week... The watch is talking to the phone as I was getting some messages displayed and calls but no FitBit data going from watch to phone...

I unpaired the watch but now can re-pair...

I sometimes find the watch with the app and enter the access code but thats as far as it goes...

I paired the watch to prove it works OK to my partners Iphone and all is good...paired and synced in seconds...but not Android....

Any ideas.....?????

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I had the same problem, but only when i use internet connection and bluetooth together. Try to disable Internet and only use bluetooth.😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that didnt work...

Phone cant even see the watch now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TimBaldwin1970, sorry for the problems your having.

I'll assume your watch has been syncing fine.

Since it was removed from your account, note this step usually adds problems.

We still need to fix the sync problem before we can set it up.

Have you gone through the sync troubleshooting found in the Fitbit help docs.

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing

Before we do that, let's try a few things
First update your Fitbit app we are at V2.76 mine has a sub  (3213300) but I'm a beta user.
------------
In your app - settings - help - version may be found at the top. 
Swipe down on the notifications bar, hold your finger on the Bluetooth settings then let go.
Remove the Ionic from the Bluetooth, don't worry about Ionic classic
---------
Let's now go to the phones settings, can be done through the notifications center.
We want to clear the Fitbit"s app cache.
On mine it is under apps - Fitbit - storage - cache
If you know your fitbit login, I would also clear data
While you are here, let's kill the Fitbit app.
I have also had to swpe un-needed apps out of memory
Now let's resart both the phone and the ionic.
How do I restart my Fitbit device?
Troubleshoot a problematic device by turning it off and then back on.
It would not hurt to completely shut both off and turn on instead.
How do I turn off my Fitbit device?
Learn how to turn off your device

OK let's setup your Ionic as a new device.

Note that most of the steps above are not suggested by Fitbit but have been helpful for many Android users.
Probably only 1 or two are needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's funny is I find the oposite works for me, if I remove the Ionic from Bluetooth, go back to the app and try to sync, it works without being Bluetooth connected.  Over time the Bluetooth connection is reestablished, and it continues to work for a few days, but it always stops syncing...  

🙂
Best Answer

@Xanlythe your thought is the second step I suggested, I broke it out with the dashes .

I noticed something I missed in your fist post @TimBaldwin1970 you say the tracker paired to you partners phone.

For now please remove the Ionic from your Bluetooth as @Xanlythe suggested,.

Note: The Fitbit does not pair to a phone, but gets setup (Fitbit calls this pair) to a users from tbit account.

Please try the following:

If you are able to setup your tracker through your partners phone, then let's do this.

This is done through the Fitbit app - settings - add device 

Once the Ionic is setup then on your partners Fitbit app, log out of your account.

The next step is very important.

Have your partner go into their phones settings and remove your tracker from their phone. Failure to do this will allow their notifications to be sent to your tracker.

Your Ionic is now connected to your Fitbit account.

Open the Fitbit app on your phone and you will see your Ionic and the app will try and sync.

Please keep us updated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for message about removing the Bluetooth - this appears to correct major issues I been having with my Ionic and Samsung Tab S3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will pair if I remove it and restart the setup process.  Not very useful for tracking data over time.

Haven't figured out how to unpair and pair Ionic.  I've tried restarting phone.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  I've tried turning bluetooth off then back on.  Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.  I tried removing the device from my phone and scanning for it.  Now it won't find it.  So tired of this crap from Fitbit.  Hoping to get a Garmin for Christmas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TerryFB unpairing is when the user goes into their phones Bluetooth settings and tells their phone to forget the Fitbit tracker. Some phones call this removing.

Doing this often is all that is needed to get the tracker the sync. I would however reset both the phone and tracker first, as well as check to see that the app is up to date. 

After removing the tracker from the phone, you do not try and add it back to the phone. 

The proper thing to do is open the Fitbit app and force a sync, if the app needs to have the phone paired, the app will pair the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, Rich.  Usually I would just restart the bluetooth on the phone or restart the phone itself.  It needs that a lot. Four days ago, none of the usual tricks would work.  Today, I finally removed the Ionic from my Fitbit account and started all over with Setup A New Device.  It seems to be working now.  Of course, now I'm changing clock faces, transferring music (ugh) and setting it up the way I like it.  Not the way I wanted to spend my day off...LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't need to remove the tracker from your Fitbit account to set it up again. Use the add device with the replace option. Same

Normally telling Fitbit that you don't want to use the tracker does not fix a sync problem.

Normally if restarting the phone and the tracker doesn't fix it, my next step is to unpair the tracker from the phone, now try to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes